Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Partners who chose to stay for the long haul

I'm ok I guess...neighter good or bad. Yes nights are worse and my Mr doesn't sleep well. Nightmares and all. This is probably partially the problem during the day. Sleep deprivation can be so harmful. We are waiting for our GP to come back from holidays to get referal to one of the psychiatrists we found and are willing to try. I worry that Mr stopped his meds very abruptly.

Hello @Sasha_86 , how are you tonight my friend

Hello @Lisek , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Lost1 , @Former-Member 

trying hard to be encouraging my mr shaz as he wants to give everything up -- work wise

Hi there @Shaz51 , thank you for connecting with me....I am well just searching for some insight for the early days of this journey and have read some amazing posts so far 😊

@Sasha_86 hello 👋

@Shaz51 perhaps if you end up qualifying for DSP, you might be able to get Mr Shaz the carer payment.

@Lisek

Stopping meds abruptly = 😬

Lack of sleep = 😬

Hopefully new pdoc will work out better for you

@Determined  I am feeling like giving up on holidays. All too hard for Mr D.

Stopping meds abruptly = 😬 @Lisek , my mr shaz has done this, sending you knowing hugs Heart

hugs @Former-Member , @Sasha_86 , @Determined , @Lost1 , @Former-Member 

Sending hugs and thoughts your way @Former-Member ...   Trust you can get some quality time with mum despite the challenges. 

@Determined  I am sure Mr Darcy will settle once we move away from the family. It is so hot here. Poor old Mum trying desperately to show how she can manage at home; she does well with the help she gets, can see a couple of areas where she could benefit from a bit more assistance.  

hello @Former-Member , @Determined , @Sasha_86 , @Lisek , @Lost1 , @Former-Member 

mum went to hospital friday , taken to big hospital 60kms away , tests amd mri, etc and allowed home today -- sunday

mr shaz has driven sooo much in these 3 days , lots of rain

I think it is too early for mum to be back home , so see what happens

@Shaz51  @Former-Member   @Sasha_86   @Lisek   @Lost1 thinking of you all.

@Determined  @Former-Member  @Shaz51  @Lisek  @Lost1  hope everyone has had a relatively ok weekend, I am certainly feeling the community support and it is muchly appreciated! Tough day today.... how does everyone move through the tougher than average days? Any hints or tips?Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance