Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Now I'm really depressed

I have been lying awake in bed for hours. It's after 6.30am. I'm in a deep depression and my anxiety is very bad. I have depression and anxiety at the same time.

I can feel the trauma in my body. I also feel sad, disappointed, discouraged, hopeless, unsupported and alone.

I'm glad that I spoke to my therapist because she is very supportive but despite having her in my life I still feel extremely depressed. I don't know why. I have only been seeing her for two months so maybe it will take some time for me to see any improvement. 

I didn't have any dinner last night because I'm too depressed and I'm hungry. I will have some breakfast when I finish writing this.

I made some homemade vanilla chai last night so I'm having a cup of chai and my Pug is snoring beside me. 

Today I found a mental health support group in my town and I spoke to the lady who runs it. She is old and she has a hearing problem. I had to repeat everything I said and she still didn't understand me. It was really difficult talking to her. I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound offensive to old people. It was just tiring and not helpful. 

I still feel very disappointed about what happened with the mental health worker but I'm too depressed to keep writing. So I will have my breakfast and listen to my audio book.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance