Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My f@itness journey

@BryanaCamp 

@BryanaCamp  I am doing a 45km Track and it should take 3 days. I did the Overland Track in Tasmania in 2016 it is 65km and that took us 5 days. It was our first overnight trip and our packs were about 20kg without water 

@BryanaCamp great stuff re hiking. Got a chest cold. Just started on antibiotics. Feel a bit better. Has mental care worker today. Hope to go for walk after that. Have a great day.

Thanks @greenpea . Thank you @Meowmy , sorry you have a chest cold. I hope your mental care worker is helpful. I had a terrible day today at volunteering, the vile man I have to work with was revolting - all saddistic, hateful ranting. It was very disturbing and I can now feel my psychotic symptoms flooding in like last time he did this. I just feel awful and furious that this has happened again.

@BryanaCamp hope you are feeling better. You will be starting new job soon. Away from that man forever!

@Meowmy @BryanaCamp  I agree with Meowmy the further you can stay away from him the better. Think of your fabulous job and hopefully never see him again.xxx

It's not as simple as that @greenpea @Meowmy as my mind is not well & I am mentall unwell, having horrible, painful psychotic symptoms return that are very difficult to dampen once they have started, they can last for days or even weeks, even on anti-psychotics. I am concerned that I will not be well enough by Monday to start my new job Smiley Sad

@BryanaCamp  That is not good at all. Is there anything that you have done in the past which has helped at all when things have gotten this bad?  Can you see you doctor as a emergency patient before Monday?

thanks @greenpea , I appreciate you trying but I'm not an emergency patient (never have been as my psychiatric condition is treated preventatively). I just needed to feel heard & understood, have my feelings validated & affirmed, that does wonders for my symptoms. It was helpful to talk with Gazza here, I'm feeling a bit better & have baked a choccy cake for a dinner party I'm going to tonight.

I also hiked 16kms yesterday, did a high intensity workout & 5km walk this morning so that's good.

@BryanaCamp  You are a good friend BryanaCamp whose friendship I really value. I hope you have a fun time tonight and well done on the 16km hike! That is awesome. :Dxxxx

thanks @greenpea you're a good friend too & I enjoy your friendship heaps Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance