Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My day so far

Hi @Arizona ,

Thanks for sharing Kiera's episode with me. Nail biting stuff. I watched it on YouTube as it didn't download from the site you gave me. Perhaps I haven't navigated it properly. I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to operate on your own dog and have their life in your hands. It must have taken a cast iron will and desperation. I would have liked to watch the procedure. At least it has a happy ending. I understand why you like the show. I have watched A few Bondi Vet and Yorkshire vet episodes. They are all fascinating and I like it when they have the happy endings.

I hope your day is a good day so far. Thanks again,

lost9

Hi @Lost9 

I'm glad you found the episode on Youtube. I deleted it and I was going to find another episode but someone called me and I forgot to come back. Sorry about that.

Yes, he is an amazing surgeon and very devoted to animals. It's a fantastic show. I love it. Apart from SBS I don't know where else you can watch it (it used to be on SBS). I have emailed the British Channel 4 website and asked them.

I have have had two black Labradors and two fawn Pugs in my life. I would like to have more dogs once I get a bigger house. I don't have any children. Dogs are my whole life and reason for living. I could never be in a relationship with someone who didn't like dogs.

Hi @Arizona, I completely understand, I no longer have dogs of my own but my Brother has a male black Lab whom I adore to bits. Last time I was staying with my brother and his dog was cuddling into me, my Nephew got jealous. I have to keep reminding myself he is not my dog and keep back a bit. I feel very comfortable with dogs and wish I could have one of my own but I live with my elderly parents and Mum is too unstable on her feet to have a dog and she said she was past raising a puppy which is similar to raising a child. I don’t think they would consider any dog but a Lab. And I guess cost comes into it too. I’m on a dsp and Mum and Dad are self funded retirees so with operations costing around $5000 each, dogs are really out of our price bracket. But I live Vicariously. Lost9

Hi , Thanks so much for the amazing recipe.  I made it and had enough for two days.  It was so delicious and tasty.  I love all rice and brown rice is the best for health.  Do you have any healthy sweet recipes too?  Am thinking of making rice pudding with coconut milk... Or maybe chia pudding.... 

Hi @Swansong 

I'm so glad you liked it. What I like about this recipe is you don't have to stir it for ages like you do with normal risotto.

I'm sorry, I don't have any sweet recipes. I gave up sugar a few years ago, and I'm on a limited carbohydrate diet, so I rarely eat desserts. 

Hi Frida, the recipe sounds great.  I've just bought a new blender and blending stick too, so tonight I'm going to be doing some lovely cooking.  Sorry to hear you're not feeling too well. 

I've been up and down in the last few days, it's partly because I'm getting used to a new wedge pillow that I have to sleep on now (it helps with snoring, but at first it isn't comfortable).  As a result I've been tired, but I feel like I've caught up with some sleep finally, and at 6pm tonight I'm attending an online music conducting class.

Hi @Abner 

It's good to hear from you. My handheld blender (or stick blender) died and I need to buy a new one. 

I have a memory foam pillow and I love it. It has actually improved my sleep. 

I hope your cooking goes well and you enjoy your online conducting music class (wow). Is it like conducting an orchestra?

It's an introduction to conducting basics, so it's about the basic gestures of beat, rhythm, dynamics and expression such as the difference between solemno and grave, and allegretto and vivace.  It's about the basics that apply as much to consorts and choirs, as chamber, sinfoniae and symphony orchestras.  It's a class that doesn't delve into specific types of music conducting, conducting a symphony is different from conducting a chamber orchestra and work, but there are some basics that apply to all styles.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance