Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday

@SmilingGecko, your post about the free meditations show me how much care you have for the community and how useful you yourself find activities like mindfulness and meditation. 

It got me thinking...I wonder if you would be interested in something?

We have this thread here (check out the original post at Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday ). I feel as if you would be a WONDERFUL person to come up with an activity each week and tag other interested forum members. I always run out of ideas hehe. What do you think? No pressure of course, but I just think you would be great at it!   

Hey @TuxedoCat  thank you for going to the trouble of suggesting this. I have been to the page and its mindfulness - I have never practiced mindfulness so don't know anything about the technique. I've done primordial, shaktipat and pyramid meditation but don't know how this would feed into this group activity.

I'm happy to offer tips on things I know about however.  I'm happy to come up with an activity but don't know how much appeal it would have or fit into your guidelines for group participation without alienating people with belief systems and creed.

I will think about it as I've never been involved in participating in something like this before. 

ahhh I see @SmilingGecko, like I said, zero pressure! Have think on it and feel free to look back on past activities to get a sense of what we've done before and if it's something you'd like to learn more about ❤️ 

But I also hear that perhaps you feel your experiences could be seen as prescriptive, is that what you mean by how it fits in to the guidelines?

@Daisydreamer thankyou for writing about connecting with the body as I did this I felt a lot of tension in my shoulders and did this body scan meditation sitting up which helped a lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMv64migYjY 

ohhh @pinklollipop15 that looks beautiful! I love full body scans for myself too ❤️ 

@SmilingGecko I thought I'd tag you here to keep the convo in one place. 

I'm so glad you've been thinking about it more ❤️ 

I think if you want to share your general self care tips, I think you could post in Our coping toolbox 🧰 . I know you have lots in your own toolkit and it would be really beneficial for others. 

I think members are used to this thread being for mindfulness and mindful activities, so reckon it should remain that way. I think it would involve posting different mindful activities for people to try each week. For example, a grounding exercise posted on a monday and tagging members who might be interested in trying it out (I usually look through who has liked or commented in the thread so far). What do you think?

But if you have ideas for other threads, let us know at team@saneforums.org ❤️ 

Hello @TuxedoCat I am not really equipped to do mindfulness practices so hence my hesitancy - its not really my forte`. I thought about it over several days and don't see a correct fit with the subject and my own skills. I think I would be struggling to come up with mindfulness practices! 

Not to worry. Anyway I thought I would get back to you as you were awaiting a response.  I had to read through the posts and see whether what I had to offer was a correct match with the requirements of the thread but unfortunately its not

I guess I could contribute to the Our coping toolbox instead.

Hello, I’m new on the forum and like the idea of Mindfulness Monday so I was wondering if it is still active? Things that get me creatively thinking are far better for me than some other headspaces that haunt me and I would welcome the distraction. 🙂

Hi Everyone

I’m not sure how this works, but this is very topical for me.

I’m having a new hot water system installed tomorrow. The level of stress that may be associated with this could go either way…😎

hello and welcome @ToniC 

how are you this weekend 

hello @SmilingGecko , @Delicatessen 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance