Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday

Another great suggestion @flybluebird !

I've still yet to do last week's with the music (actually actively listening to a song) but now I have Two things to do when I remember! lol

hello @flybluebird 

cloud.jpg

I was doing this before knowing there was an actual term for it. --- me too 

when I was doing childcare and my step children 

we would lay on the mattress in the shade looking up at the clouds , it was soo lovely to hear the children saying what shapes the clouds looked like 

@Daisydreamer@StuF@tyme@Bow@Eve7@Rhye@Rubyrose1@Pollyotter@frog@Krishna@SmilingGecko@ShiningStar 

Oh I’m glad it’s of some resonance @StuF
Good thing is that you can come back to these if you want whenever you want 😊

The music one @Rhye suggested last week actually took me back to music class at school, where we had to listen to different pieces of music & try & figure out all the different instruments being played. Partly different but partly mindful in bringing awareness to the different layers in a piece of music. 🎧 🎶

This has me reminded of me seeing the latest music shares over at the Everything music thread 🎹🎸🎷

Yessss! @flybluebird all the time! I LOVE this. I have mostly noticed this at night as my days are a bit chaotic but every night when I'm lying with my boy while he falls asleep I keep the blind up and study the same tree and the clouds around and the bats flying over. It's so calming. 

Another one I do late at night, once everyone is asleep and the house is still and quiet, is make myself a peppermint tea and sit in the same spot on the couch and admire the neighbours fairy lights 💫

Oh I LOVE that @Shaz51 🧡
I can't think of the last time I laid on the grass & just watched the clouds ☁️
and what a lovely memory & time spent with those kids.

And YES... into the night sky 🌟 @Paperdaisy how wonderful 💜 
I love that you have found those moments for yourself during the day & you also find it really calming. 🫖 🎆

And YES... into the night sky @Paperdaisy , how lovely 

very true @flybluebird , when the  Step children who are all adults now comes to visit , we all end up sitting on the front steps in the evening looking at the stars

@flybluebird . I used to do this on a regular basis up on my mountain.  A few minutes from home. 

I would focus on different things,  a particular tree,  the moss that grew on the Granite rock.  Often times I would close my eyes and focus on different sensations,  the breeze on my skin,  the hardness of the rock under my body,  the sounds of the birds or insects. 

This way so calming.  I felt grounded,  better able to focus on things other than my mind. 

I haven't been up to my mountain in years.  But I enjoy sitting in my backyard and listening to the birds, focusing on a tree or a flower,  or the ants that crawl along the path. 

This too has a way of helping me to focus on things other than my thoughts,  and to help me feel Gratitude for where I live. 

@utopia If I close my eyes I feel like I can picture your mountain through your description 😊

up on my mountain.  A few minutes from home. 

I would focus on different things,  a particular tree,  the moss that grew on the Granite rock.  Often times I would close my eyes and focus on different sensations,  the breeze on my skin,  the hardness of the rock under my body,  the sounds of the birds or insects. 

This way so calming.  I felt grounded,  better able to focus on things other than my mind. 

Hi @flybluebird and everyone

I have not heard of the sit spot before but it sounds great!

Although I do think I do this but not consciously aware it was called something I guess. I walk to the beach and I just watch the waves, hear the waves fully immersed in the sounds, smells and sights.. 

I think its all about cultivating presence - and this to me it has helped me so much on my journey in life. 

I don't go every day to the beach but at least once a week. 

Hehehe. As soon as 'sit spot' was mentioned, I thought this:

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 7.29.56 pm.png

Every kid had to sit on one and not move from their assigned sit spot!

But yes @pinklollipop15 @flybluebird , whatever the name of the 'spot', engaging in this mindfulness activity makes a difference!

tyme

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance