Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Mindful Mondays: New activity every Monday

Hi @Appleblossom, I am sorry to hear that this activity has been a trigger for you, and appreciate you letting me know. Mindfulness is such a personal experience, and we will be posting lots of different activities, so I hope you feel you can pick and choose the ones that feel right for you Heart 

You have such a strong self awareness of what works and doesn't for you, and I am wondering if you would be interested to lead a mindfulness activity one week based on the ways that you practice mindfulness in your day?

Hi Everyone!

I had a lovely evening at the beach earlier this week and wanted to post a small mindfulness task I began to create my mandala.

I mindfully collected shells as I felt the sand between my toes. As I picked up each shell, I examined both surfaces - the smooth pearly surface as well as the rippled surface.

As I placed each shell, I counted and compared each. Here’s the beginning.

9302A2B6-44BE-4374-82B1-8CE52C5F63A8.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing other’s mindfulness examples.

tyme

Love that @tyme 😄 Heart

@Bow love the idea of doing the mindfulness jars with your daughter, such a great idea! How did they turn out for you last time?

Hi @Daisydreamer I think the mindfulness thread is awesome please keep tagging me in it thanks!
I have a suggestion for mindfulness for this thread: Take an hour to sit outdoors doing absolutely nothing while taking everything in, sight, smell, sound etc. I don't have sight, but I can certainly take everything else in. We can all come back and report on our experiences. How does this sound?

Hey @Codex1,
I really love your suggestion, and wondered if you would be interested in leading a Mindful Monday one week with this idea?

I will send you an email today to check in and see whether this is something you are interested in 🙂

Mindful Monday Activity 24th of January

Puzzles!

I find mindfulness difficult at times, and I’d love to work on being more mindful.

Something I do find enjoyable are puzzles. My eldest son and I have been working on a puzzle in the evenings and it’s been relaxing. The things I like about it is that you have to concentrate and focus, the feeling of clicking in that puzzle piece is really satisfying and the sense of achievement when you see your completed puzzle.

Give it a go!

Here are some we have completed over the past weeks.

@Gwynn  @Anastasia @NatureLover @Appleblossom @Snowie @Rhye @BPDSurvivor @Clawde @Shaz51 @Bow @Emelia8 @StuF @BlueBay @Judi9877 @flybluebird @cloudcore 

@pinklollipop15 @Fluttershy1 @Ma60 @Arizona @Spirit_Healer @BlueTrane @Jynx @mantaray @Krishna @mmarks1 @Jorge @AussieRecharger 

processed-26f33ff1-fd6f-47e1-b3c2-19f2d783bc52_1xvFMH0S.jpegprocessed-123e4f76-91d9-4ef8-b59a-38e6e49f1ad2_Cf1tZAB6.jpeg

Hey @Daisydreamer! I think maybe you're right. I should lead one of the mindfulness activities. Could you email me when you're able to let me lead the next activity?

Who likes Sudoku puzzles? I've tried them and they're hard! But I'll try them again.
@Clawde, @cloudcore, @Daisydreamer, @Sphinxly, @Judi9877, @Flying_Hams, @Appleblossom, @Looking,hopeful and others here.

I like doing sudoku @Codex1 @Daisydreamer @Paperdaisy @tyme  and am good at them. I like to do them as a distraction, or mindfulness exercise. I also like doing crosswords, but am hopeless at the cryptic ones.

@Codex1 are you Fifi?

Yes @Emelia8, I'm FiFi with a new account and username. I prefer Sudoku puzzles over crosswords.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance