Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Managing uni/work stress

I am not sure about anyone else but I find it quite difficult to balance my uni stress with keeping up with self care and life stuff. And just being ok in general. It is so easy to get overworked and burnt out. So I thought I would start a thread anyone is welcome of course the idea was mainly so we could support each other with uni/work stress or even just to rant about it if you need. 

I am doing 3 subjects this coming semester and I am already feeling overwhelmed there is so much work and I am still just getting back on my feet. I hope I can keep up this semester. 

26 REPLIES 26

Re: Managing uni/work stress

@Flying_Hams does a nice job balancing things @Eden1919 

I does not do the balancing thing well and I am not even at uni 🙃 can only imagine the pressure you guys are under at times

@saltandpepper  Balancing really is hard but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. 

Hi @Eden1919  and @saltandpepper  I wanted to get my second degree but have found that my mind is no longer able to handle the complexities of uni study. It makes me very sad to be honest but true.

I hear you pea @greenpea 💙

@saltandpepperthank you saltandpepper it makes me really sad. I obviously have some kind of b rain damage due to the mi. 😞

@greenpea You're not alone there pea. I was talking to someone on here about it once too. I too have noticed my cognitive abilities have dwindled over time. I don't have the capacity to study anymore either--haven't for a long time. I just get frustrated about it more than anything

@saltandpepper Heart it  isnt fair is it. What these mi's take away from us.

I know @greenpea Im sorry you're struggling with it, it's ok to feel sad about it and mourn that loss of ability. In a way I feel a bit of relief to know there's been a cause for my inability to learn or retain information. For a long time I felt inadequate, stupid etc. while it doesn't change anything, knowing the cause has helped me to feel less anger at myself about it all.

@saltandpepper  thank you saltandpepperdd. You put a smile on my face.You are a kind and caring soul. Love peaxxxHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance