Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Looking for buddies who have / want to quit smoking

Hi @Mokepoke,

We are awake. Happy to chat

(Harmony, Chloe and babydragon (blended))

@petrichor 

now that's a tough one... I know I SHOULD... but do I want to?

went to rollies nearly 2 years ago because it was getting too expensive... now that's becoming unaffordable.

I know all the risks I'm taking when I make the choice to smoke... it's the money that will clinch it for me in the end, but I'm not mentally committed to stopping right now I don't think

S

Hi All!

@rivergal @SJT63 @Former-Member @Mokepoke @JamR @TAB @BPDSurvivor 

Yay! A nice little group 😃

well I've done it! I quit! Woohoo!

Hi @petrichor, @rivergal, @SJT63 and everyone else who passes through,

Thanks for the welcome, we don't actually smoke though, we just couldn't sleep so we went looking for people to chat to and @Mokepoke looked like they needed someone to talk to.

We tried smoking in the eighth grade but ended up in hospital for 4 weeks. Guess I should have been smarter since my parents were smokers and being near them while they smoked set my asthma off but I was silly and gave in to peer pressure from my friends. Needless to say though a few teenage girls gave up smoking that day after seeing me pass out and basically stop breathing. It was either that or the school contacting their parents.

Glad @Former-Member you survived in the eight grade....

Well Done @petrichor 😸

That is very good news. Hope you're feeling well. 

It's hard to know what to say, when sometimes I don't know if it will help or not. But I ended up buying a packet earlier today. 

I had run out yesterday... and felt alright. But got some... I've had 3 today.

I'm setting a date. I won't give up. I don't know if by not smoking too many, (ie, not doing the Alan Carr thing of smoking us much as you feel like when reading the book) It will make them "seem" more precious. 

They taste so bad. After one puff I think why on earth did I light up? They interfere with my breathing. 

Arghhhhh! 

Hope no-one minds me feeling the remorse so openly. I have to do it, and it is good to have buddies who are on the journey. 

Any ideas are welcome, but I think I'm going to read Alan Carr. Although last time (when I quite for 10 years), I just ticked off the calendar for one month. Someone said you just have to last one month... then you're right. So I trusted in that and it seemed to work... for 10 years.

So maybe that... just one month. Draw up my calendar and then just do it. 

Well done @petrichor and @JamR and @TAB 

thanks @rivergal  I stopped years ago though

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance