Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Morning everyone. Hope sleep or rest happened for you all last night.

I went to bed feeling low and flat too which was probably way tired and a post super speed burst crash. I woke a bazillion times overnight with a headache, sore throat and sore ear. It was a nice change from intense nightmares being the cause of wonky sleep (stretching myself there 😉). I had Rocket kitten as my night visitor in bed and every time I woke up I reached for her and feeling her soft, silky, purring, warm little body helped me get back to sleep pretty quickly. I love those furballs so much.

Hugs for you both @Sans911 and @outlander. Sans I came across a really fun umbrella place with all kinds of awesome and unusual ones. I was so close to buying a bright blue one with big yellow rubber ducks all over it 😁 Catching up with how you both are going as I can. It's lovely to see the bond you have with each other 💛

@Teej hugs for you also and thank you for understanding the emotion vortex. I felt an inside kick when I read that you got that report yesterday. I don't cope at all with psych reports and imagine what kinds of stuff you might have had going through your mind. I also get the surreal feelings with big things that are hard to see. I used that word when I described to my psych what it felt like to be confronted with pics of happy ex. Psych said it would have been dissociation. Wonder if maybe there was a bit of that for you when you were reading it. Either way it can be really unsettling to have to have that stuff said. I hope your night was OK enough after it all.

I'm feel pretty blegh this morning and am hoping this cold doesn't get worse as I have my worky thing tomorrow. Going to try and take it easy today I think.

❤ to all

Ps @TheVorticon (who I really hope I am not going to be bothering by tagging again).

I know what it is like to feel like you're interrupting. I know lots of people here wouldn't see it as interrupting and want to see and hear you if you'd like to be seen and heard. There's a place for you here on the forum but I get that maybe doesn't help with the interrupting feels though.

I also know what it is like to feel like there is no point too as no-one can help. I guess it helps me to know people care and to have people who are OK with sitting with me even when they can't make it better. I care and I know others do too and there are 'sitters' here who'll listen and hear you, even if we can't make it better.

I really do hope I am not bothering you when I tag you and if I am, please tell me if you feel OK to. I'm thinking of you often, really hoping we will see you around some more.

I want to send hearts and fluffy stuff but I get that's not you. Maybe this 🎮 instead?

@Teej @CheerBear Heart

A special mention also to @TheVorticon - I understand you feel like you are interrupting but you are never doing that buddy - you are most welcome anywhere but I get that you find it hard to connect when you are feeling like you are. Always welcome anywhere @TheVorticon Smiley Very Happy

@CheerBear  little rocket cat is cute and im glad she helps you get to sleep. She sounds like she's calmed down a little..?

Sorry  about your  cold, i hope  it clears quickly. Our bodies seem to pick  inconvenient times to get sick sometimes  dont they. 

Taking it easy sounds  like a good idea. 

❤ and hugs for you

Morning also @Sans911 @Teej @frog @eth  and everyone passing through  💚

Thanks @CheerBear.

The tagging doesn't bother me. I'm thankful when you do cause it helps me feel less invisible or alone.

I'd like to be seen but don't know how to stop hiding. I'd like to be heard but don't know how to speak. I'd like to be 'sat with' but don't know how to sit down and stop dodging away. Because it's wrong for me to want all that, it's pathetic and weak and disgusting and bad and I deserve to be hurt and punished for wanting it, maybe that will make me stronger.

Hearts are a nope, but I can handle cat and dog type of fluffy stuff and gaming stuff is always appreciated 🙂 

Morning  @Zoe7  hope your day at work is ok ❤

@TheVorticon  morning 👋

Thanks @Zoe7 🙂

Good morning @outlander 🙂

Anytime @TheVorticon You are always welcome buddy and good that you have spoken up about how you are feeling - not easy to sit with those feelings at any time but even harder to do so when you feel alone Smiley Sad

Good morning to you too @outlander  and greetings to you @TheVorticon.  Hoping you will start feeling more comfortable here in time.  Sometimes it takes a while to find your niche.   You are always welcome to join the forum in your own way.  I can feel you have good support here and people who are listening to you.  This  is another thread you would be welcome to join

It's called A long rave and is open to all comers at any time.  We're a friendly and supportive group there, as here.  You can do your own long rave there if you want to, or join in the chat anytime (just jump in, it's fine)  or dip your toes in the water and just follow along.  Hoping to see you around.   Eth

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance