Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

ohhhhhh hello and hugs @eth , @CheerBear , @TheVorticon , @Teej 

did not sleep well last night

sore thoat and hurts when i swallow

worked today -- sooo hard

seeing doctor tomorrow afternoon

see how i feel tonight , just had dinner and oooooucch

Hey @Shaz51 🙁 That sounds really tough. Not nice to have to work while you're feeling unwell and without much sleep on top of that. Hugs x

thanks @CheerBear HeartHeart

how did you go today xxx

just been talking to mum on the phone , sore throat now xx

🙁 Your mum is lucky to have you @Shaz51

Today was a bit challenging but in a good way I think. I had a pretty full on shift in a few ways and am tired though I still enjoyed it. Early night and hopefully some decent sleep for me tonight🤞

Hope the Dr can help tomorrow and you feel better soon ❤

2E917141-FDDA-46AC-9679-12CABC683D32.gif 

Just saying hi. It’s been a big week and I’ll likely be absent until at least Tuesday if not the next weekend. All my time is just getting through what I need to for now. 

Love and hugs to all who want them 

B161FE39-1B4F-43BB-93F3-D0BE92609912.jpeg

Hope everyone's doing OK. 

I had a psych session yesterday. I was worried about it going to **** but it turned out pretty good. 

Ultra cute one with the puppy @Teej ❤ Hope your tricky/heavy appointment went OK this week.

So good to hear it didn't turn to **** yesterday @TheVorticon 🙂👍 Thinking that this hard stuff you've been working at with your psych is maybe/hopefully going to pay off 🤞

I'm off to an extra shift at my gig today. Really well timed as family and house stuff has felt very consuming this week. It's nice to be reminded there is life and meaning for me beyond the walls of the house.

👋 to everyone who might call by and hope things are OK enough/ish or better 🙂

Thanks @CheerBear I hope it does pay off. It was the most 'emotional' that my psych has seen me and for some reason he seemed to find that useful compared to me being more composed... Which is weird for me, cause I dunno how showing emotions helps anything.

Hope all's going well at your gig thing. 🙂

I don't know whether it's something you'd do/haven't already done/might be interested in, but would asking him what he thinks is helpful about you showing emotions, be something of interest to you @TheVorticon? If my psych even slightly raises an eyebrow, says a funny sounding "oh", looks at me in a way I'm not used to etc., I can't help but ask what it's about.

How was it for you to be 'emotional' with him yesterday? (You totally don't have to answer that of course, just curious that's all).

Gig was super thanks, as it usually is. I feel lucky to get do what I do with who I get to do it with 😊

I hadn't thought of asking that @CheerBear . I'll have to consider whether it's something I want to know.

That sounds like a helpful way of clarifying things. I definitely don't do that, but usually I don't even realise that there's something that I'm unclear about until well after the conversation has passed.

It was kind of ok being emotional. It made it very hard to say what I was trying to say (at one point I was like "if I could get the ****ing sentence out!" :face_with_rolling_eyes:) but I eventually said some stuff even if it wasn't worded the best way it could've been. Thankfully it was still less emotional than I had been on my own when preparing for the session, so I'm glad it didn't end up that much. It helped that he didn't do/say anything until I'd finished trying to say the thing. And then that we didn't end with things still being emotional was certainly helpful.

Very cool that your gig was good today too 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance