Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Hi @CheerBear and @outlander.

CheerBear - it's been ok thanks

OK sounds better than not maybe @TheVorticon?

Are you interested in joining in with Topic Tuesday tonight? I'm hoping to not fall asleep super early after a little sleep night, so I can check it out.

Hi back to you @outlander  and to anyone else around tonight.  Heading for Topic Tuesday soon.  May see you there.

Not wanting to be a pest 🐜 but wanting to let you know you're being thought of (and missed) @Teej. I hope respite is going/has gone well. Looking forward to seeing you whenever it is we do ❤😘

Lol not a pest @CheerBear. It was a good break away from everything. Whilst it helped I have come home still feeling a bit lost but much better than when I went in. I had some nice moments away and it was so good doing the activities everyday. I had some pretty cool moments watching some monkeys at one of the places we went to. The weather gods had our backs. It was meant to be a miserable week but we avoided the worst of it and didn’t get caught in any rain showers. 

The house had great heating. Ithas been a bit of a shock to come back to this house which is cold but I’m also mindful of the cost to heat it unless I really need to. 

Not much else to tell about respite. 

I had a very honest conversation last night with one of my crew talking about the time I attempted and how he remembered everything the ambulance driver said which was now 6 years ago. I was unconscious at the time and don’t remember anything. We talked about the very big confusing feelings about my ex and his actions. He loved him too. There were things he told me that I didn’t know. I had some big sad feelings that he had to deal with so much during that phase. He was only 13 years old. I didn’t understand that he was left alone a lot and didn’t have anyone that he could talk to. I had left him living with my ex thinking he’d be better off there. I was really unwell through that time. I didn’t want the kids to love me because I didn’t want to hurt them because I didn’t want to live. I pushed them away thinking it was the kindest thing I could do. I just found out that my ex left him alone often while he went to the pub to numb himself for the 18 months he was there. His brothers had all moved out.  I’m only just understanding that effect. Dealing with the property settlement has bought lots of this up for us all. It made me feel pretty sad 😔 but grateful that he could talk about it with me. There were lots of the emotions expressed about how he felt and how he coped with it.  

Well that’s my rant. I’m ok just a little solemn.

i read you have a good family weekend planned. I hope it has lots of good moments in it. 💜🤗

@TeejI am glad it was a nice break away from everything. Its not the answer to everything but hopefully it helped a little.

@CheerBearhope you are having a good weekend with your crew.

Thinking of you both Heart

@CheerBear 🌈🦄💐
@Teej 👋💌🌺

hello to @TheVorticon @Former-Member @Maggie @Snowie @Sans911 @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @eth @Queenie and all passing through💚💕

Hi back @outlander 💜💕

Hello @outlander @Maggie @Snowie 

@Teej Feeling for you in sharing about your son.  I had feelings like that, to close off and protect them (my children) from being close to me during all my turmoil.  It is hard to hear what your boy went through, but great that he could talk to you about it,

On a practical level, wearing leggings under pants and layers and coats and scarves inside is no longer that unusual for people who want to save on heating.  Some of my students could afford it, but still would layer up before they would turn any heat on.  I always have a cover on the couch to put over my lap etc ...and no longer put off putting extra layers on my bed.  Will wear slippers in bed if needed.

Hugs

Heart

bed socks @Appleblossom are great for those extra cold nights. you can get different thicknesses too.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance