Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I need to write

I need to write.

My anxiety is through the roof. It's the worst it's ever been. It feels like my chest is going to explode. I can feel it in my whole body, even in my legs. My whole body is reacting to something.

It's strongest in my heart/diaphragm area but it is also in my stomach. I have a slight stomach ache. It feels like my body is buzzing.

And I can feel my heart beating in my chest.

And my mouth is dry.

I feel sad that this is happening to me. I feel sad and alone.

I tried to write but that is all I could say.

42 REPLIES 42

I need to write

Hello @Flying_Hams 

I'm over here. I'm having a very bad post-traumatic anxiety attack. I'm not okay.

(I'm not suicidal. I'm tired of having to explain to people that I'm not suicidal.)

Re: I need to write

I made myself a cup of tea and took some Valerian Forte (herbal sedative) and I cuddled my Pug and told him how I feel. 

I cried but only for a tiny bit. I can't feel or express my emotions.

There is a little girl 

Inside me

Who is deeply traumatised 

She has had

A very difficult life

It makes me sad

I wish I could

Have given her a better life

But I didn't know how 

I didn't have the first clue

It's not my fault

That my parents were so f***ed

I know that intellectually 

But still I blame myself

Perhaps that's why 

I'm stuck in this mess

Because I blame myself 

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough night @Arizona 

I'm glad you have your little dog with you to keep you company. I hope you can get some rest soon. 

Thank you for your kindness @moxi 

@Arizona  I'm sorry to hear how bad your anxiety's been...severe anxiety really sucks...it's awful. 😞

I hope you wake up feeling stronger today...

Thank you for your kind words @NatureLover 

I started to feel better after writing about how I feel (my symptoms) and writing my poem. I'm in bed having a cup of tea with honey and I have my hot water bottle under my feet and my Pug is beside me. I have just bought myself a year's subscription to the Headspace app. I was a member for six years but I cancelled my membership because I didn't like the changes they made to the app and it became very expensive. I have decided to go back because I haven't been able to find any other meditations that I like. I'm going to do a 20 minute meditation for anxiety once I finish my cup of tea.

@Arizona  I'm glad you've started to feel better and are looking after yourself 🙂

I did my meditation. It was quite hard. My mind was very busy. I will do another one later today.

I do hope another sessions helps you @Arizona

I know what it is to have a busy mind. I saw my psych on Tuesday Tuesday I have some delusion exercises to go through. It's sometimes a game of mental gymnastics isn't it?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance