Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Jlol
Senior Contributor

I'm really tired of constantly fighting my own body's biology

I'm always tired, but if I sleep too much then I'll miss work.

I'm always am hungry, but if I eat too much I'll gain weight.

I know I need to exercise, but it feels horrible and hurts.

I'm always daydreaming of doing other things, but if I pursue those things instead of work I'll get fired and won't be able to pay the bills.

I constantly crave sugar, but if I eat too much of it I will get unwell.

I like to drink, but I know if I do that I will get a hangover and ge unwell.

I fear things, but I know if those things are no longer present the fear will just attach itself to something else.

I think all this is natural and just part of being an animal. But man I'm so sick of having to constantly fight it.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: I'm really tired of constantly fighting my own body's biology

Hi @Jlol 

You certainly are aware of the situation and benefits.

Your solutions are wise.

I hope you read your remedies and do them.

They all seem great answers for a healthier and fitter you.

I am pushjng myself to get into exercise again.

The benefits are greater than the issues of not doing it.

Follow your list remedies

Boy can I relate to this one @Jlol 

I fear things, but I know if those things are no longer present the fear will just attach itself to something else.”

I hear you. It’s so exhausting and I can really tell your fed up. 

Is their anything that you can do that is enjoyable that you can really get into to ease it a bit. 

like watching a series or documentary or paying a visit to Mother Nature. Maybe some art? Or try a new style of cooking. 

I am sorry to read how hard it feels to find the happy medium.

I really relate @Jlol ...we do what we can and sometimes ite like its never effective..i think it comes from inside. I wander if we had all of our needs met if life could be easier

@Jlol as embodied critters I figure if we're attuned to our natures we should be able to work with them not against them... and find some healthy things pleasurable... trouble is it's a work in progress and I haven't found the answers yet. Except maybe reducing sugar cravings and feeling more satisfied through food choices (more whole foods, less processed, low glycaemic index). Exercise, anxiety, sleep - I'm trying. 

People say "mind over matter" but the transcendental should inspire not coerce.

Just my thoughts. Sorry to hear you're battling.

Dimity

Hi @Jlol , sorry I don't work ATM and have not had a regular job for a while, but the same issues persist.

There's a lot going on in your post. The main problem with 'society' is we keep getting told we have to fight every natural impulse, like somehow we're not a biological creature? Crazy.

The first thing I started to do many years ago was to understand what my body was telling me. A lot of your 'problems' can be interrelated. (Please note: I am not a doctor so this is just personal experience). Health and medicine is notoriously 'linear' and doesn't take into account interrelatedness. Eg. 'Sugar is Bad' so we must cut it out. But 'sugar' (ie. Glucose) is fuel for the brain, and not enough glucose probably adds to tiredness.

The idea that exercise has to 'hurt' to be useful is nonsense for most people. Only if you are trying to build muscle or high performace training should it hurt. Walking is effective, enjoyable, causes much less stress, and you can normally walk for hours.

These things get called 'hacks' but if you can talk about it with your doctor you may find them very useful.

Like being 'hungry'. I'm not a vego, so a smallish plate of meat & veg fills me up the same as a huge plate of pasta - it's just hollow carbs. In fact the benefits of simple meat and veg I find great for me. I have few health complaints. Or a good snack is a handful of nuts. Protein fills you up.

Sleep is tough, if you have to get up for work the only way is by going to bed early, or make it up on weekends. Again many think they need to stay up to 10pm or whatever every night like it's a social requirement. Who says?

I see often men and woman approach health advice differently. Personally if I find something works for me I stick with it more and am not swayed by 'trends'.

@Dimity @EternalFlower @Little_Leopard @Former-Member 

Hi @justanotherguy if its ok id appreciate it if you dont tag me in the future as this post distressed me.  Cheers. @tyme 

@EternalFlower  sorry, not my intention, I thought it was just a general discussion.

@justanotherguy  I real Like your point about exercise not needing to hurt!

also love your points about diet. I heard that’s 80 percent of health problems can be eradicated from the health systems by Chang diet alone. Obviously im not saying that diet will fix mental illness , but like you say, it all inter relates.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance