Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I'm bored out of my brains

I wanted some Green & Blacks butterscotch milk chocolate but it's too late and too cold to go to the shops so I'm having a cup of tea with honey instead. 

I'm bored out of my brains and I don't know what to do with myself. I don't feel like watching Netflix or movies or listening to audio books or music.

I wish there was something interesting to do but I can't think of anything.

Also, I can't write or express myself like I usually can and I feel very blocked.

18 REPLIES 18

Re: I'm bored out of my brains

I tried to entertain myself by doing various things but I'm still awake and I'm still bored.

Hello @Arizona can understand feeling bored ,no wonder I dont have much of a routine at home,are you into football at all as the grand final is on tonight also how about phoneing a friend to talk to anyway hope today has at least been an improovement for you stay safe 

Hello @LostAngel 

I hate AFL football. It's probaby one of my most hated things. I could never have a partner who watched AFL football. In fact I'm not sure that I could even have a partner who watched TV. I hate TV.

I don't have friends I can call and talk to in the way I would like to. I just feel such a chasm between me and other people. 

I still feel bored but now I feel very depressed on top of that. I was hoping to feel better because it's night time (I usually feel better at night) but I don't. 

I'm sorry to sound so negative. I would just like to be honest about how I'm feeling 😊

I'm going to the shops to get some snacks.

Hey @Arizona - first off I am right there with you about football! It just doesn't make sense to me that folks can become so invested in watching other people play sport. I find it incredibly dull!

I'm sorry to hear that you don't have many close connections in your life, or people with whom you feel you can be yourself. How would you like to be able to talk to people?

Thank you for your honesty Smiley Happy

hey @Arizona its hard when we are so bored.
here are some suggestions you might like to try out
-scrapbooking
-card making
-painting or drawing
-diamond art
-sewing
-knitting or crocheting
- baking
-having a cleanup/ cleanout- we are in lockdown and every lockdown i seem to have a big cleanout and clean up. even buy something new for the house like curtains or bedsheets, just something nice.

-planning a holiday. for this it doesnt have to be real. prenend you have unlimited money etc, where would you go, where would you stay, what would you do etc. ive done this a few times and entertained myself for hours just looking.

- exercise
-pamper yourself-maybe try out a new hairdo or paint nails
-find a free online course to do.
-wash and detail your car if you have one
-have a look at volunterring somewhere even once a week like a charity shop, or animal shelter

Haha @Arizona I am watching my "once a year AFL game" and it's almost finished!!! Yippee doo!!!

Strangest game ever!

I went to the shops, I ate some snacks then I threw up. I feel sick and I have a sore throat. My therapist knows about my eating disorder. I will tell her that it has gotten worse.

Hi @Jynx . I'm not sure how to answer. I will have to think about it.

Hi @outlander . Thank you for your suggestions. I will read over them and have a think about which ones I like.

I have contacted a Buddhist monastery and told them that I want to become a Buddhist. I want to see if it will help with my life. 

yeah for sure, you can only try them @Arizona i can think of others but ill start with that for now.

i also have an eating disorder so i can understand that as well and i also dont really have anyone that i can just ring up and talk to. i talk to alot of people for my work but not actual friends so can understand that too. im lucky that my jobs fill in my days usually but even that gets repeitive and not overly great when its just me
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance