Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

CMarie
Casual Contributor

I can not stop crying

I have recently gone through a life changing event and since then I can not stop crying. 
I seem to be in a viscous circle. I know I should be doing things I used to like doing, going to the gym, going for walks etc

however I started crying during gym classes so I do not want to go any more. 
I am doing a walk with tears in my eyes so I feel consouse about going out.

We can start going back into the office next week which I know is the right thing for me but I don't want to, I don't want to get upset in front of my work coleugues

I need to sort myself out but I really don't know how to do it

13 REPLIES 13

Re: I can not stop crying

Hi @CMarie and welcome to the sane forums.

I'm sorry to hear that your crying and being upset is affecting your daily life. 

Do you have any professional support at all like a psych or a trusted gp or even a friend/family member?

It is a good start however that you have came to the sane forums. Hopefully you will find lots of support here from members. 

Life changing events can be hard to get through and sometimes we need that extra help to get through them. It is also a matter of giving yourself time and being kind to yourself.

I hope you find the support here you are looking for.

Just a note, if you want to tag anyone just put a @ in front of their name.

Take care @CMarie and talk soon.

Snowie  

Hi @CMarie 

Life changing events are hard to move past as @Snowie  says  - it takes time to adjust - our minds and bodies have to catch up with changed circumstances and often grief is involved - it's hard work 

Go easy on yourself and go with the flow  - just do what you are able and maybe talk to your GP about it

You can ring Life Line on 13 11 14 to talk with someone there

And welcome to the forum also  - we understand

All the best 

Dec 

Thanks @Snowie and @Owlunar

I can not talk to family or friends.
I think I need to see a gp, I don’t really want to and was hoping I will get past this without seeing someone.
I have being like this for nearly a year now and I thought I was getting better but it’s just got bad again.

Anyway thanks for you kind words.

Hello @CMarie, Sorry you feel so low, this cold weather is a blow to most people who suffer with depression.  It brings upon us winter depressions,that seem to take a long time to shift. I find that sitting out side in a warm spot in the sun sheltered from the wind, in the morning for half an hour ,very beneficial .  The light from the sun helps to right our circadium rythm,and the warmth of the sun penatrates our whole body and makes you feel warm and sleepy.   Exercise is most helpful for depression ,so please do not give up your gym ,you need it more than you know.   Having a pet and a hobby is a big help,so is a good nutritious diet.  Cut down on sugar.    World conditions bought about by the virus,is a downer,but we just have to learn to live with it. Obey the rules and continue to be vigilant,and you will get through it.  Regards  jay2

Hi again @CMarie 

Having a  battle like this going on for nearly a year suggests you have had a substantial loss and this could be a relationship or a death or even something like a personal object that  brought you comfort or even an idea or you faith 

I understand you don't want to or can't share this with family or friends  - a lot of people including myself feel like this but you can talk about it with your doctor or Life Line  - you have a choice of living with it but that's hard yards and it will take it longer to get past 

Life changing events change lives  - like this is your new normal  - if you take the time to read a little of this forum you will see you are not alone and it's easier to share than walk through life fighting teas every day 

Dec 

Big hugs to you @CMarie 

I have just gone through a major upheaval in my life too after resigning/being terminated from my job.... for over a week now all I have done is cry... almost constantly... and I can't stop.... I have panic attacks on and off all day.....I try to leave the house and go for a walk... but I burst into tears so I come home.... I talk to friends... and I cry.... I just can't function.....  but I will get there.... eventually 

I wish I had a magic wand to wave and make things better for all of us.... but alas... I don't 

Hey @Lostandalone, that sounds really rough. and when going through something so major it's normal to experience feelings of grief and despair. I can hear that you're really trying, and it's good to take things day by day - it's also okay to write off some days too. 

We are here for you Heart 

Hi @Lostandalone
I am sorry to hear you are going through a tough time too.
I know the feeling about crying while going for walks. That has stopped me from going to the gym.
I feel embarrassed about it and just wish I could change how my brain works, stop thoughts
I do understand how you are feeling. Hopefully we will both get through this and be happy at the other end

Thank you @CMarie 

I am with you all the way

i am proud that I have managed to get out and walk the past few days.... don't know if it has really helped.. but I have done it... I hope you are managing to get out there... if you are scared...even though we don't physically know each other... just imagine I am holding your hand... put you head up high.., take a deep breath and off we go 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance