Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Christheart
Senior Contributor

Forums

Forums help with my anxiety because reading other people's stories makes me feel more normal, and less like an outcast. 

I went to the chiropractor today, this is a self care thing I've been doing because depression makes me body and spine feel weird. 

Wishing everyone a safe Thursday night x

11 REPLIES 11
Krishna
Senior Contributor

Re: Forums

Hi @Christheart   Great to read your practicing self care. I carry a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders due to my anxiety so regular massages and swimming is my self care go to. Your certainly not alone with suffering from depression and anxiety and practicing loving kindness towards yourself is really important. Have a lovely evening. 

Rhye
Senior Contributor

That's so lovely to hear @Christheart, I'm not sure I've experienced a community that cares so genuinely in the way this one does.

Depression can have a way of making ones joints and muscles feel heavy/achy. I hope your appointment has provided some relief 💙

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi @Christheart 

That's so great that you get so much out of the forums. It definitely helps to feel less alone. Hearing that others might be going through a similar thing to you is validating and assuring.

hugs

hanami 💮

@Krishna 

Yes, massage is something I find important for managing my pain and it feels nice to do thay for myself to, I can sort of relax when getting a massage so that 1hr of time is important... 

Thank u so much Ur message is so sweet

@Rhye 

Thank you for being so kind and friendly 

I'm so glad this space exists. It makes such a difference... 

Depression really does effect my body so much. And I also become hyper sensitive to pain and weird body feeling when I'm suffering depression/anxiety/distress. 

So getting chiropractic adjustments and massage just makes me feel like I'm doing something good for myself to try and manage that

@hanami 

It definitely helps so much like that. Instead of going into a cold sweat and a prickly panick attack about my mental illness, I come to the forums and I feel... normal, and like I'm not the only one, and that if other people can have the strength to persevere on day by day through this, then so can I 

Rhye
Senior Contributor

To me, that's a really good representation of self-care @Christheart, your mind and body will love you for it 😊 I've had periods of really intense anxiety and I used to get persistent headaches and body pains so I totally get you re. pain and body 💜

@Rhye 

The tension headaches that develop by midday are very annoying...

My mind starts to hurt just from thinking... 

Hope I get a handle on that horrid rumination soon, so my brain stops hurting 😊

Rhye
Senior Contributor

My heart really goes out to you @Christheart. Mine would start by midday too, and I know how long the day can feel when you sit with that pain till bedtime 💛

Just checking, you have seen a medical professional for the headaches? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance