Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Neb
Senior Contributor

Finding lost things

I am having a lie down with the cat pinning me down, they are heat seeking critters aren't they! I have turned my house upside down looking for my swimmers and a shoe horn. I suspect I have dumped them. Why do I do this. Every so often I feel overwhelmed with STUFF and I box up stuff and off load it. If I got some money for it I would be pleased, but I think it is part of MI. I use to do this prior to an attempt to quit life, though that is no longer part of the deal. Finding religion has been good in this respect for me.

I wish I would grow up!😥
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Finding lost things

Hey @Neb, if you are anything like me after winter..I don't fit into my bathers in spring..
I struggle with clutter and have trouble getting it out of the house..
Perhaps you can help motivate me to let my stuff go..I think it is a very ordinary thing to lose small items like bathers or a shoehorn because unless we use them daily, they are easy to lose..

Your post made me smile Alessandra...small is not how I would describe my swimmers! I am trying on a chest full of clothes, to dump or to keep, and as I am a keen needlewoman, there is a trunk of bits and bobs. Something I thought lost has resurfaced....from a beloved great aunt, a very very old book about an English woman in the court of the German emperor, she was one of the child Wilhelm who became kaiser and is the chap in WW1.

Hi Neb, well I am glad I made you smile! Looking for your swimmers and you have found a treasure! Now that is good news..time to put a treasured item in pride of place, on display where you can see it every day. Turn a page over too..that way your treausure wont become background..
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance