Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Ect and finding some Red again

Hi @The-red-centaur ...am sorry that you're scared about the ECT (I would be too), and the lack of sleep wouldn't be helping...I hope that you can sleep tonight before your first ECT tomorrow. Lots of best wishes for your ECT, I hope it goes well. 

@NatureLover thank you so much. You are so kind and supportive.

I'm not having a good day today. My ED voice and my PTSD is really loud.
I feel tapped atm. I'm so overwhelmed with life and just want to hide but I've been locked out of my room and the nurses here don't trust me but they're making the situation worse.

I want to go home. I don't even have a home to go though. And I have to start this treatment before I can anyway. I'm sorry for everything. My brain is broken and I don't even know if this will work.

I wish i could talk about some stuff but my speak is shutting down too and it stuff I shouldn't talk about here.

@The-red-centaur wrote:
I'm not having a good day today. My ED voice and my PTSD is really loud.
I feel tapped atm. I'm so overwhelmed with life and just want to hide but I've been locked out of my room and the nurses here don't trust me but they're making the situation worse.

Really sorry to hear it's a bad day, and that you can't hide in your room. Also that you said you don't have a home to go to...what do you mean? Is your home no longer available after you come out of hospital?

@The-red-centaur 

@NatureLover I can't return to my previous accommodation. ive also been rejected for the supported accommodation.
My dad has offered to take me in but the room won't be available til end of October.
I don't even know how to get my stuff. Or what to do when they discharge me next week because they want me to receive most of my ECT as an outpatient.

Oh gosh...am really sorry to hear all this. 😞

I think you have a case worker...can they help you to find temporary accommodation? And collecting all your stuff...oh gosh. 😞

Best wishes, @The-red-centaur ...wishing you much good luck, and that your accommodation problems can be sorted very soon. Heart

Idk.

there's also complications of moving into dad's. I can't really talk about why here. It kinda hit me as I wrote the previous post.

I'm sorry there are complications. Gosh...I so wish some things in your life would become easier for you...you have so much to battle with every day. 😞

@The-red-centaur 

@NatureLover your too kind

Hi @The-red-centaur 

I am in hospital at the moment having ECT for the third time. It is scary but hopefully you have really nice nurses and doctors that will make sure you are ok. You don't remember anything from it because they give you the anesthetic and you have a short nap.

I had my first session on Friday and have another one tomorrow morning. Because of covid I have to stay in hospital and do them.

Am here with you, you don't have to go through this alone. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance