Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Smc 

I don't think I realised just how emotionally paralised I became when Mr Darcy attempted and I could not manage things. 

Sending very gentle thoughts your way. 

Gentle thoughts gratefully received @Former-Member.

Being a bit of a visual person, I keep picturing gentle thoughts as being like clouds...

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 5.40.09 pm.png

Hello @Smc , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Sophie1 , @greenpea 

after mum`s home inspection , we have to get rid of all the mats upstairs and downstairs and also remove some objects from the path of the wheel walker xxx

@Shaz51, how do you and your Mum feel about that? If you're both fine with it, all good- but I'm thinking that removing something as a necessary adjustment is different to removing it because you've decided you no longer want or need it.
In some ways I guess it's a small thing, but I have heard of people who've needed a wheelchair after an accident finding it hard seeing their home having to be rearranged because it needed to be "accessible" rather than because they wanted a makeover.

The practicalities of needing to adjust can cause grief. It is very beautiful where we live and the friends we have made have been truly wonderful but the reality is we are not handy people and are not coping with managing the block or basic repairs and it is difficult for family to visit. I know we need to move, I am scared how it will affect Mr Darcy's mental health, but am focusing on the positive aspects.

I have nearly finished packing a box of rarely used crockery and have some more pieces to go to the op shop.

Thinking of you and Mr D in all of this @Former-Member ,

It was a challange for darling just moving across town...

Or agents (team of 2 lovely ladies) picked up at our first meeting that all was not well and worked so hard to reassure darling. It definatly took a big load off.. Not sure how I would manage interstate. 

I managed to get our garage rearranged thus afternoon so my motorbike will fit. 

Just a tidy up with items added to recycling rubbish and donating to op shop. 

As a bonus exercise equipment is now accessible and able to be used 😁

Will be looking forward to updates on your fitness thread @Determined 😀

Old bottles put into the recycle bin and some more jam jars ready to go to friend who makes pickles. 

Moved the sofa to vacuum under/behind it.  Found a missing lipstick 👍.

I gave our car a thorough clean out before we went away last weekend. We're richer by a few dollars of spare change, I've got a few more sewing needles, a couple of pens, a comb, an odd sock, a few nuts/bolts/screws and other hardware and oddments. The chooks got the stale choc chip bikkie and loved it, and the assortment of wrappers, papers and other rubbish went in the bin. Oooh it's nice having that done. 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance