Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

Glad it helped @Former-Member .  🙂

@Sophie1 wrote

"... oh I sorted out my jewellery on weekend - all in neat plastic containers now I got from Bunnings - they were only $5ea - designed for tradies for nails lol"

Bravo Sophie,

Containerising = 🙌

😄 Those little divided containers are extremely useful for all sorts of things. I have some that actually have nails and other hardware bits in them, and others that have assorted beads and jewellery fittings. And they're stored in different places. No good grabbing a lampworked glass when you need a 25mm flat head.. 😛

Heap of old videos taken to op shop today.

Leg on dining table finally tightened. Been loose for months - time taken to fix = under a minute.

images (39).jpeg

Got a bit more tidying up today. A big contributor to our mess is that things have been put away ad hoc and I am finding items that clearly go with something but I am not sure what ... yikes. 

Getting things organised where they can easily be found has been one of my goals, being practical about what we will realistically use and/or continue to enjoy. 

Have found a home for my excess preserving jars 🙌 (most of which were passed on to me), hoping they will be picked up sooner rather than later.

Sorted Christmas stuff, now in one box, not two. 

Oooh, am familiar with that problem @Former-Member. I'm trying to tackle it by putting the oddments in, or as close as possible to, the place that should be their permanent home. Hopefully in doing so, separated parts of things will end up back together.

Another box of stuff donated to the op shop today 🙌

The clean up continues - I have made a start on tidying up the kitchen cupboards and thankfully they are no longer looking clutttered - they just need a thorough wipe down. 

Herbs and spices have been sorted - the empty jars have been packed away. 

Empty jam jars are ready to go to a friend who makes pickles.

Items I have never used (some were unwanted gifts) have been set aside to be given to friends or op shop.

Mr Darcy has been tackling his book case and has some books ready to go too. 

My sorting has fallen in a heap. The last couple of weeks have been so full on that I've had trouble keeping up with getting the garbage and recycling out of the house, let alone anything else. Smiley Frustrated

I'll get back to it, but times like the present remind me how the cluttermess accumulated in the first place.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance