Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Smc , @Former-Member  it depends on  a lot of things 

With flooding  you can moves things to higher and safe spots 

In fires if it is not completely  destroyed,  you have things that smells and needs to be  thrown  away 

We’ve just about gobbled our way through the leftovers @Smc @Former-Member but the tree, lights and cards are still up.

Considering the only card I sent was to my mother I’m shocked at how many “Christmas card lists” I’m still on!

The tree is almost wilted (yep it’s real) so that will be gone soon.

Its frustrating with s fractured wrist as there’s so much I still can’t do but I’m about to do a massive declutter here. 

Yikes @Eve7  perhaps you might need to stick to being the supervisor at present. 

images - 2020-12-30T133310.713.jpeg

Great  to see you @Eve7 , @Former-Member , @Smc , @Determined , @Adge 

Everything is   away and still leftovers in the fridge

And lots of chocolates around  

Despite there not being leftovers at our place @Shaz51 I cannot say that  "food did not go to waist" 😁 .

Used the last of our meat leftovers last night. There's still cake and pud, and biscuits and candy canes (yes, and chocolate Smiley Tongue) but those don't really go off, so they can continue to be enjoyed a bit at a time. Bones from Christmas roast currently boiling down for stock.

Still have to clear the table properly. The garden has been a more appealing place to be. But the delicate glassware and vintage plates got washed and safely packed away. And I'm enjoying having the pretty tablecloth in use, but it's accumulating a few spills, so it'll need to come off and go in the wash soon. (Our Christmas tablecloth is a lovely vibrant deep red one with a poppy print.)

My office desk has become a bit of a dumping ground. Returned a book someone had lent me and returned 4 others to our bookshelf.

Oooh this idea is tempting! But I'm a nice person so the mystery objects would be ones I'd hope the recipients would enjoy.

136391118_3946643352052575_2937334379672599598_n.jpg

Brilliant @Smc, let us know if you try it 😁😁😁.

Three small wins for me this week:

1) Got one of those "why did it take so long to do" jobs yesterday. Picked up a couple of appropriately sized pot plant saucers  to sit our bedside table salt lamps on. The pie dish one was sitting on has now been cleaned and put away (but will likely be donated, haven't missed it whilst it was under lamp). 

2) Continuing to slowly clear the items that have accumulated on my work desk.

3) Was able to hoist off 4 more unwanted items today, three of which were items given to us this festive season that we were not able to use.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance