Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Former-Member @Smc @Adge @Shaz51 @Determined  hi lovely declutterers ! You have inspired me to have a crack at something tomorrow ... my kitchen bench has been annoying me and we have a junk area under stairs that needs organising and tidying  and decluttering

I helped out friends with a dump run yesterday. It has inspired me to get back to my shed that I had placed firmly in the too hard basket. 

Better still. A lot of stuff 'too good for the tip' that I previously would have brought home (from friends shed) I actually took to the tip.

I am pleased with myself on that achievement. 

Next week have a date with FIL pantry and under sink cupboard. Darling has been procrastinating becuse it is a big job (for her) so I have offered to step in and help. 

In the last few days

- recycled a heap of paperwork

- passed on a gift I had in storage for ages

- found an unsuspecting customer to hoist a few items off on 😁

@RMG 

You may like to post about some of your home decorating successes in this discussion thread. 

Friends x2 popped in today, a number of DVDs and document folders have left the building😁.

An additional bonus was that Bob the builder showed up this morning, preliminary work has commenced on enclosing our porch. 

Hi Peoples.

We've got tree loppers coming around tomorrow to take down a huge tree that previous residents planted too close to a fence, which said tree has been slowly dismantling... Will miss its shade over the back of the house, but for years it's been "will have to come down someday". Here's hoping we can get the ceiling down that end insulated before summer. That's when we'll really notice its absence.

So we've been clearing underneath it. We've got so much building material that we got together for our planned-but-indefinitely-delayed-renovations. There's heaps of floor and wall tiles that were cheap or free, but if they got broken by a falling branch, it would be expensive buying new ones, so they've been restacked in a safer (and neater) position. Oddments of timber have been moved into the general vicinity of my neat timber stack, but not actually stacked yet... other assorted oddments have also been neatly relocated to that area.

We've also cleared a temporary site for the wood from the tree out the back of the house. It'll be excellent firewood in a couple of years, so we want to keep it, but it can't be left close to the house during bushfire season. We'll need to move it to the back of the yard before then. Some defunct chipboard furniture that was sitting there awaiting disposal has been broken up and went out in the rubbish bin on Monday, and there's a bit more to go out in next week's bin. (Defunct timber furniture gets dismantled into building components... but chipboard and MDF are of no use to me.) A bunch of louvre glass has been neatly relocated, some bulky car parts and woodturning timber moved into the carport. And a few other building oddments moved closer to where they're itended to be put into use.

With my brother & SIL visiting for the long weekend we are making gains on jobs in progress. SIL has been helping do some preparatory paint work on our porch enclosure. Bro & Mr Darcy have been working on garden beds. 

@Sophie1 How did you go vs kitchen bench and under the stairs?

I'm still Decluttering my To Do List.

Not much house & yard decluttering happening - Will get to that.

1) Ears cleared (flushed out) at Dr's - after being deaf in one ear for well over a week (then the other ear as well).

2) Blood Pressure Checked (at Dr's) - has come right down, due to medication, now back on track.

3) New Referral (from GP) to see Surgeon - GP was unable to remove or resolve internal stitches, sticking out through tummy (Ouchy).

Hopefully Surgeon will take some responsibility for this - as it was his major bowel surgery that put the stitches in there.

4) Followed up with Union (at their Request) Re: Joint Unfair Dismissal Claim (for 70 workers) at my ex-employer.

I got document signed (witnessed) - then returned it to Union, as requested.

5) Went on Date (1st meeting) with lady - managed to lose my car (went out wrong entrance) at large Unfamiliar Shopping Centre.

That's not really decluttering - but it would have left me without a car (if I hadn't found it).

Just kidding, really it wasn't much fun....

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance