Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily Check In Space

Hi Determined

nice to hear from you.

congrats on returning to work it is a great milestone 🙂

Many thanks

Hi all, 

Haven’t contributed to this forum before but it’s nice to be here. Currently caring for my partner who has a range of mental health issues. 

Tough day of it today. Feeling about a 5. 
Today I’ve struggled with not taking her feelings on board and assuming that they’re my fault. I think I did well by allowing her the space to rest and then encouraging her to eat and have a laugh with me. 

I’ve looked after myself well today by catching up with friends and plan to do some reading later. 

Nice to have you on board @Trifle79  😊

Hot tip - if you'd like to notify a particular member that you've responded to a thread, type the @ symbol to see a drop down list of people who have recently posted. If you don't see their name there, typing it out will bring it up. You can also tag a moderator this way if needed by typing @Former-Member  - the mod team is here for info and support 💜

Sounds like a challenging day, but that you've handled it well and you're planning on looking after yourself with friends and reading. Kudos! Thank you for sharing 🤗

Feeling about a 3 this afternoon.

Feel like I'm loosimg my mind. 

After an otherwise positive week our youngest child ended up at the hospital to try resolve some pain and mussle spasm issues he has had for over a month.

After a lengthy assessment at local hospital, Quick trip to city hospital.

2 hours getting into the children's ward. 

Covid has sent the place into lockdown, Finally saw a Dr super late (the Dr who was waiting to see us). All tests put off until this morning.

Woke up this morning and the problem.was completely gone..

Discharged and sent home. (No problems with that).

Well this afternoon, bam, problem.has returned. Lost for what to do. 

Hang on for the weekend and call Dr on Monday. 

Sorry for the vent

Just 😫😫😫😫

Hi @Determined @Trifle79 @Frankly2 @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Krishna @greenpea @timtam00 @Carlo @Tinker67 

Checking in to see how you are going today?

How are you feeling out of 1-10 today?

I am going to be around the forums a bit today and look forward to hearing from you 🙂 

Today I am feeling a 7- I tried to prioritise my self care this week and feeling better for it

I have been pretty low since Friday. About a 2.  Compliance required my chaufeurring, but so sad for my son.  Maybe I am feeling it even more than him. 

Self care is planning this afternoon. I have 2 appointments today and one each the next couple days. Keeping making a life.

Self Care also in preparing tasty nutritious meals for household.

Self care in going to local conservation group.

I am so sorry to hear you have been feeling low @Appleblossom Heart When supporting the people we love, we can feel the things they are experiencing so deeply Heart

Self care sounds really important at the moment, and glad to hear you already have some things in place for yourself today! Sitting with you Heart

sending you lots of hugs @Appleblossom ❤️💕

@Daisydreamer 

I would say a 5 at the moment but feeling a headache coming on 

soo many decisions to make , wish I can make it easier 

mr shaz overthinking and anxious , mum has gone back to bed 

we have the afternoon off today -- thinking is this good or not 

going to do a couple of things around the house while relaxing in between 

Its NDIS and VMIAC.

@Daisydreamer 

I am embedded in the system I guess. Grateful for that.  At least it is better than we were totally isolated.

Thanks @Shaz51 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance