Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Astrid44
New Contributor

DID/OSDD Support Groups?

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to this site. For many years now I have struggled with severe dissociation. I finally sought help from a therapist in early 2022 and I was diagnosed with OSDD-1. Something I suspected unfortunately. I have/only know of 2 parts/people. (I like to call them "my people") 

I am an American Australian and I have just moved to Australia for school and I figured to help meet new people that going to a support group for those with DDNOS/OSDD or DID would be really helpful for me.

Does anyone know where I could find such groups? I'm currently in NSW but will soon be moving to SA. I would love to also meet people here online!

1 REPLY 1

Re: DID/OSDD Support Groups?

Hi and welcome, @Astrid44 ! It's good you've joined, where people can understand what you're going through 🙂

How do you feel about your diagnosis?

Unfortunately we're not allowed to recommend specific support groups in real life...this is because of the anonymity rule on the forums here, which is designed to keep us safe and allow us to be honest about our mental health here online. 

However, you could try googling Facebook support groups for DID/OSDD, or alternatively, depending on how open you want to be about your mental health, you could try asking on a local Facebook noticeboard for your area? I know my local Facebook noticeboards are very helpful. 

You could also try typing DID or OSDD into the Search bar above, on the forums here, for threads on that topic. 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply to them.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance