Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Sounds lovely 🥰 @Shaz51 

It's raining here I can't get out too much which is annoying 

My coping box contains reading, sitting with others, journalling, watching tv with others, painting my nails, and giving myself a few tries when I'm delaying something important...slowly building up courage 

@Shaz51 @maddison @tyme @TuxedoCat 

@EternalFlower ❤️ I love the idea of giving our selves a few tries when building up to something important! I know for me, I've been working on being gentle on myself when I back down from a big thing (like a big phone call or important conversation). 

And also, I'm trying to use journaling but I'm wondering if you have any tips? I'm finding it difficult to start (I'm pretty self-critical, hence trying to be more gentle on myself!)

Yep, ☺️ It's what works for me. Some days gardening is too hard and painting my nails is messy so I'll just rub scented moisturiser over my hands and nails. If it gets all too much I'll allow myself a doona therapy day.

Hello @Alicat , soo lovely to see you here 

How are you going 

@TuxedoCat. @EternalFlower , @maddison , @tyme , @Tinker67 , @Scoo , @Smc , @Hope0011 

Hello @Shaz51 

I haven't been on in ages.  Thank you for continuing to think of me, I appreciate it very much.  

My coping toolbox includes my cats, walking, gardening, music, and my family and friends.  

I also enjoy recording frog calls for the Frog ID app, it gets me out in nature and gives me a welcome distraction and focus on being in the moment and enjoying the wonderful secretive world of our amphibian friends.  I highly recommend it!

@Tinker67 , that is soo interesting with the recording the frog sounds 

@Alicat. @TuxedoCat , @EternalFlower , @maddison , @hanami 

Hello everyone 

Shaz51_0-1675831764771.png

What things have you got in place to help you daily with everything that is going on in our lives when you are feeling anxious, worried, yuk, concerned, annoyed, in a panic,

self-care is so important for us all. 

it is not being selfish; it is very much needed to keep us keeping on.

@Joonbug , @Mumto8 , @Peacock @Syzygy , @Jilly1 , @Jo75 @EA747 @Shaggy , @metamorphosis  @Molly22 , @Appleby @Indigomoon@Cjrobbo13  @maddison , @EternalFlower , @Alicat , @Tinker67 , @tired_sisyphus @Nepeanstreet !, @Missy7 @Lani1 @MrsS @Gypsy4 @Mabel @granny9 @Carer33 @CRodda @Justme5 @Ellevie @14girl @axe @Beea @Casa1 @CynF @ECTnotme @ELLIPSIS29 @Fiona4 @Fran4 @Frustration81 @Hope71 @Jabs13 @Jane18 @Jennfromoz @JJJ19 @Katalina7 @Kate06 @Kelkel @Lase @Luweza @Lym66 @Mary20 @Marya-Tanya @Medina @MerryChristmas @Mum22 @Nelly4 @nemorensis @Perth1993 @RAD555 @Seearbi @Shell72 @Starlight12 @Stevenson @Struggling_WM @Teh @Tiredmumtrying  @Anastasia  @AussieRecharger  @BPDSurvivor  @Faith-and-Hope  @HenryX  @jem80  @Judi9877  @NatureLover  @outlander  @Shaz51  @ShiningStar  @Snowie  @Hams  @wellwellwellnez  @Zoe7  @Aniela  @Boo13  @maddison  @pinklollipop15  @Eve7  @ColorfulDrkness @Echo3 @Elke888 @Feel @Joy46 @Kre25 @nissaa @Tornato5 

christine-ward-compassion-fatigue-when-helping-hurts-9-638.jpg

1486067-Eleanor-Brown-Quote-Rest-and-self-care-are-so-important-When-you.jpg

afternoon-tea-intro.jpg

@Shaz51. I have never tried Borrowbox app. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day

Hello @Former-Member , how are you going today 

@Tinker67 , @Alicat , @EternalFlower 

Hello @EternalFlower , @Alicat , @Tinker67 , @Former-Member , @FloatingFeather , @amber22 

how are you going today @Determined , @Anastasia , @maddison , @Smc , @Scoo , @Krishna 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance