Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Coping Toolbox ( what is in yours to help you cope )

Hello my @BPDSurvivor 😃

Hi mum @Shaz51 ! You’re so awesome and such an inspiration to many. Great to see you tonight during the online peer group chat. I wish I didn’t have to dash away so abruptly.

Speak soon,

BPDSurvivor

Awwww my @BPDSurvivor  you are awesome too 😃👍:ok_hand:🥰

Hello @Shaz51 

I like the idea of a coping box.  My 'box' includes my cats, who are a source of lovely rumbly purrs, soft cuddly fur and cuddles.  Plus tea, I really am a bit obsessed with drinking tea.  I also have a range of 'unfinished objects' I am part way through making, knitting, beading, embroidery, and my watercolour paints.  Sometimes, I love to just look through my sewing fabrics, my buttons, or look at my sewing books for inspiration, but I don't actually do anything!  That is probably why I have so many unfinished objects, dresses half made, craft incomplete.  But the ideas and inspiration gives me joy and distracts me from my worries for a time.  I also read and garden for pleasure, and enjoy walking to look at gardens and houses (I love real estate). 

Tinker xx

I have been reading through this thread while eating my breakfast. Never really mastered mindful eating. 

I love the idea of a coping box. The one at the start of the thread cheered me up. Did you make the actual box @Shaz51 you are amazing 🤩 with what you do for everyone here.

My garden helps me cope and my fur babies 🐶 who will give me cuddles when I am feeling sad. The local library is good to visit for the community feel and I love to graze the shelves and see what pops out at me. You can download books to read and listen to and I do that as well. I have also been learning to read Tarot and trying to understand more about personality theory like MBTI and Enneagram. The personality theory seems useful in understanding how differently “normal” we can be.

I think I will decorate a coping box for myself as my next project.

Hello @Tinker67 , @Former-Member 

How are you going today my friends 

I am doing ok 👍 @ Shaz 51 Coping and working towards thriving. Not as comfortable with the online conversation as you are though which is why I can’t spend a lot of time here. Thanks 🙏

@Former-Member , I love seeing your name come up my awesome friend xxx

And I think and pray for you lots xoxo 

Coping and working towards thriving.---- love this saying @Former-Member 

hello @Stargirl@Tinker67@BPDSurvivor@Flying_Hams@Appleblossom 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance