Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Jmac1
Casual Contributor

Confused

Hi! have not been on here for a while there is so much happening after a year off work after a breakdown been back for a year coping  even with the Heavy Staff Moral boosting Sessions which spin me out one of them touched on Childhood Trauma in work i work at a school not a teacher but that sent me back to my Childhood & i had to walk out i was trembling since then have had a lot of Support but finding it hard as the more support i get the more i feel scared my Psychologist says beause when i was young & people Gave me good things like take me to Beach Movies etc but wanted something back which i did not like but felt i had to do i feel now that something bad is going to happen now or i will agree to something i do not want he says i need to retrain my brain into a positive way as at the moment i am in a constant flight mode & need to calm down finding it hard to trust sorry for rant just needed to get it out

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Confused

Hi Jmac1, 

It sounds like you have been going through a really rough time lately, with childhood trauma stuff being brought to the surface with your work at the school. It looks like since this, you have been really proactive in your recovery recongising the benefit that supports such as a psychologist can have, even though it can bring up issues around trust.  

You mentioned that your body is in a constant flight mode. That can be exhausting for our bodies to be in that constant state of tension. What do you find is comforting ? 

Cheers, 

NewDawn 

Jmac1
Casual Contributor

Thanks just trying relax my Physio has given me a lot of stretching exercises etc to take stress out of muscles plus i need to get back to gym have not been for 4 months found it good for my mind & body

Lunar
Senior Contributor

Hi there @Jmac1

That is good that your are trying to relax, do your stretches and look into going back to the gym, are there things that youe njoy doing at the gym that you find helpful?

Lunar 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance