Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Teej
Community Elder

Challenge of the day!

I'm starting a thread for a challenge of the day during these uncertain times. It's just a way for us to connect with each other and take our thoughts away from what is happening around us. It's kind of a (dare I say) mindfulness and grounding activity for each day. I hope it's a bit of fun for some of them and a way to ground and be aware of what is still around us. 

The idea is for members to post whatever they feel comfortable with. It could be photos, photos of drawings, written descriptions or creative writing and poetry. It could be music as well. The key part is to keep in mind your anonymity at all times. Please don't post anything that would identify you. For that reason I'm trying to think of challenges that are personal but keep us anonymous. 

Lastly I know I'll run out of ideas. Please feel free to add your own challenges here as well. 

221 REPLIES 221

Re: Challenge of the day!

The challenge for today is to go outside once or as many times as you like and look at the sky. Take a photo or write a piece to post about your observations of today's sky. It will be interesting to see the differences in the sky in Autumn on one given day at different locations (not to be named) around Australia. 

50CE55AC-7466-4711-9E22-F771613D9C58.jpeg
This is from my back doorstep. A strangely overcast day with patches of bright blue sky. 

Great Idea @Teej 

I am up for it

I took an unusual photo on Saturday morning - not long before dawn - it's Mercury rising

I have been taking photos of some of the planets which I have posted on my Guide to the Night Sky but I haven't posted this one yet

Here goes and let's see how it comes up - actually it does - if people have a touch screen and can expand the photo the crescent shape of the planet at this time of the month can be clearly seen

I am thrilled with this photo

Dec

Mercury Saturday 28th March 2020Mercury Saturday 28th March 2020

Great idea @Teej 

Just took this photo from my back door

@Teej @Owlunar 

20200330_115601.jpg

Awesome @Owlunar   That must have been gratifying. 

a little bit excited that you and @Snowie are joining me with this. 💜🤗

flower.JPG

I'm happy to join @Teej  and really glad you thought up a daily challenge.

I'm really excited to get that shot of Mercury  - it's really hard to find most of the time 

And that's a great pic of the sky you've posted too   - I have some great photos of clouds too 

Dec 

@Owlunar@Teej@Snowie 

last night sky photo

cloud.jpg

@Teej  It’s a grey sky here today. Nice and cool.

CB7287AE-ACA0-4CCB-8B80-5A05FBEAF5BC.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance