Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Celebrate Today

Well it sounds like there are lots of achievements to celebrate over the past two days.  Well done everyone! @utopia @Mazarita @BlueBay @Margot @frog and anyone else reading or posting.

Today wasnt a great day for me, but I did manage to:

• Take hubby to Bunnings  to buy a new climbing rose (something he's been wanting to do for ages, but hasnt been well enough to walk the isles - I give him a trolly to help prop him up today Woman Wink )  Anyway rose purchased!
  • Install a new front doorbell myself, after also buying it at Bunnings today.  It works ... yay!  And even looks good.  Hubby told me I couldnt do it myself. Woman LOL
  • Speak to my brother who was in a distressed state, and I think he felt better after our talk. Woman Very Happy
  • Put aside the insults and abuse from hubby last night and am trying to treat today as a new day. Woman Sad

So thats what I'm celebrating today.

Sherry Heart

Love it @Former-Member

BB xxoo

Eckart Tolle 36 min youtube

Journey into Now

is not bad for this kind of thing

I cant post link atm sorry

but most people are far more up with digital than I.

Tho  ... celebrity stuff can be irritating ... 

He is talking to people who have not really experienced real trauma ... so he can play the audience for laughs.

Still better than  a lot of stuff online.

hello @Mazarita @Former-Member @BlueBay @utopia @Margot @Appleblossom 

happy to see you celebrating some achievements for the day. I am really drained, but did:

• go to work and do my best
  • return a library book

Now contemplating the second shift at home.

Well done on installing the doorbell @Former-Member so skilled! Sounds like a tough experience with your hubby last night though. If you ever want support to talk more about that you can contact 1800RESPECT

You just reminded me that I need to return a library too @frog! Hopefully I can celebrate that achievement with you tomorow ☀️

Well done @Former-Member @frog. Some good successes today. Well done.

I really do need to buy a door bell.

Hi. everyone

tiday i achieved

1.work fir 4 hrs

2. put a load of washing on

3.  folded dryed clothes

4.  doing some knitting

Nice going @BlueBay. I am working and consider it a big achievement 🐸 will check in later. @utopia @Appleblossom @Former-Member and anyone passing by, how are things today?

Today I:

* Fed the dogs

* checked in with my son re: his exam studies

* chatted to mum for half an hour

* took my medication

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @frog@utopia@BlueBay@Appleblossom and anyone else reading.

Today I am celebrating the fact that:

1.  I got into town for a long overdue haircut. Last time I went to a hairdresser was way back in early August last year, so over 10 months. I have long hair, but told her to hack off 15cms or so. Which she did. Its now just below shoulder length, and light and bouncy again. I feel good. 😀

2. I was able to spend more time than usual doing my volunteer visitor duties at the local nusing home. 

Both of these achievements were made possible because hubby was feeling a little better today. So I left him with his good friend and neighbour for a few hours including for lunch. It meant I didn't have to rush back. So I guess I could call that my third thing to celebrate today. 

Sherry ❤

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance