Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

@outlander, if I remember correctly, straws are no-go after oral surgery because sucking can disturb the clots and re-open the wounds?
Hate to be the bearer of more "tricky" news, but you're probably not hungry because you've gone long enough with inadequate food for your body to have switched into "starvation" or "fasting" mode. The hunger signal cuts out as a way of coping with perceived famine. Once you start getting a bit of food into you, the hunger signal will kick back in. As long as it doesn't do so at two in the morning! (If so... milk's not bad as a liquid hunger-settler.)

Yeah no straws and no sucking on things like ice cubes etc incase it dislodges the clot. Dry socket is a complication of that.

Ah yeh ive really only had milk and water the past 3 days except some thicker liquids like a soup and abit of mashed potato today.

One side is settling abit but the other side that had 3 plus extra sutures seems to be getting worse esp in pain even tonight after pain meds etc. If it doesnt settle within another day or 2 might just consult with my gp as my specilist is 2 hrs from me just to make sure we are on the right track. Itll have been 5 days since op by then. @Smc

@outlander, I assume they've got you on precautionary antibiotics?

Yeah @Smc antibiotics, pin relief and anti-inflammatories as well. Havent been able to manage my other meds either which is prob part if the reason more fragile too but they are slow release so cant be crushed etc so cant swollow them. Might hve to speak to chemist and see if theres a liquid or similar version of them just as a temp thing. One of them gives me nausea though so am concerned about that one. Have enough nausea without it 😖😖😖

Pain not pin :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Got that. 🙂 Autocorrect isn't very clever sometimes.

I'm off to bed.Hope you can get some decent rest @outlander.

Goodnight @Smc sleep well 😊💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

How's it going @outlander 

after-wisdom-teeth-meme.jpg

lol @Former-Member that's a pretty accurate picture of me! except its only one side now lol.
going okish, still really low on energy though. taking ages to get some energy back. didn't think GA would last this long but the lack of nutrition atm probably isn't helping much either.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander 

Improvement = 🙌.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance