Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Carers under 30...

@outlander

It's ok to feel nervous before an exam (most people do).  You are just as good as anyone else doing the assignment if not better, a little more practice and persistence and you will get there.  

thanks @Former-Member i can only try my best i suppose, hopefully that will be enough for just a pass
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander

Practice using this poem 😀images (14).jpeg

oh my goodness @Former-Member thats abit different now isnt it!

So @outlander, @Former-Member, can you imagine trying to teach the wild and unpredictable English language as she is spoke to Chinese uni students? They're smart peoples, but you don't realise how confusing it is until you try to teach it to someone else. 😛

It's partially because English has amalgamated bits and pieces from so many different languages. Latin, Greek, assorted Gaelic tongues, Germanic, French, and many others.

Noo @Smc that would be hard to do. Theres your proper english and then theres the slang thrown in there too.

Yep, slang and idioms are another minefield altogether. Smiley LOL

For example..."Got a bingle out in Broady...towies on site, but as a result it's chockers in that direction." Crystal clear to the average Aussie, but try explaining that kind of language to someone from a non-English country!

And thinking about it, even "crystal clear" is an idiom. But a much easier to explain one.

Ummm... so is "minefield" in this context... yeah, classes get interesting!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander how are you going?

sorry i missed your post @Smc
mmm you must have a lot of patience to be teaching english to others!

@Former-Member thanks for checking in. ive started the first part of the assignment but i need to wait for tafe to write back before doing a second part. im feeling rather nervous as i have to go see the surgeon tomorrow
Former-Member
Not applicable

Do you have your music etc ready for trip @outlander.  Will you  find put date for surgery tomorrow? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance