Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

I haven't read all of the posts but I have been going through a page or two each night. Lots of great suggestions. I think the only thing I could add is learn to be resilient and ignore the many well-meaning but unhelpful people who don't understand MI. Thankfully we have forums like this with professional moderators and experienced contributors.

that is very good advice @Oby46, doing something relaxing tonight my friend Smiley Happy

@Toki
You might find this thread helpful.

carerq.jpg

Thanks @Shaz51 ...... great checklist .... 👍

Wow @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Oby46 @Miss_Em @Faith-and-Hope

@Shaz51 I agree: positivity is so important.

walking around the block or ...long walks like @Faith-and-Hope 

@Former-Member it's lovely to see you.........

I have changed my self help massively in the past 5 to 6 months.......

crazy changed. 

Mr X my darling husband is just really difficult these days.....I have no idea why he's had this slump.....well, I do but I want to ignore it but I know...I KNOW. 

He's now quit smoking and drinking. He has ALWAYS smoked and drunk alcohol seriously fullon since he turned 13 years old and he's QUIT a month ago.

I've found it very difficult to keep up with my new self help so I can write solme of them down here and write what I'm doing. But it's so hard to do all this ...self directed when it's shakey and hard at home all day and all night. Mr X has decided he has done his knee in, the outcome is that I am completely his hands and feet 24/7.

I am reading a book on Plot versus Character. I will send my notes to my freind who is halping me with my novel. I am writing notes. She is a hoistorian and she helps me stay on the straight road or normality when writing for my novel. 

I am always positive. It is very hard to stay like this......In the past week, I weeded the garden but did'nt get off the couch but have slept for thepast 6 days. No clean dishes. A vegetable soup I made in fridge we eat for dinner 2 days old. I change sheets every week but havent for 2 weeks.

Mr x can't go to church so I havent either.

I am seeing the HACK assessor on raising my social support to twice per week. my Support worker and I meditate for one and half hours every Friday but I need it twice per week.

I usually paint or draw. this is important but I havent been able to............

I'm making and using clay with someone I knnow to sell stuff but can't get away........

had a bad week.......

Just a quick one @PeppiPatty sure you are onto it but smoking affects a lot of psych drugs and if a patient stops an adjustment may be needed. Here is a link.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/tobacco/Publica...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance