Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

darotu87
Casual Contributor

Broken by a narcissistic ex

As the heading says, I’ve just come out of a rather nasty relationship with a narcissistic person. It has left me broken and not sure where to go or how to reach out for help to get my life back on track again. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Broken by a narcissistic ex

Welcome to the forums where I hope you will meet lots of supportive people @darotu87 

I am very sorry that you have been through such a nasty relationship and I hope you have support to get your life back together.

Please let us know if you need a chat anytime.

❤️

Thank you

Hello @darotu87 sorry to hear about what happened to you with your narcissistic ex partner.  You may have trauma such as PTSD associated with this relationship which requires healing.  Your nervous system could also be in a reactive stance as well as the fight or flight response associated with distress. You may have to walk away from relationships for a while to reset your brain chemistry so your brain is not addicted to the chemicals caused by your abusive partner.  You may also wish to explore affirmations around self esteem to change your subconscious.  All in all its not hard but this healing journey is uniquely yours and you will come out of it a wiser and stronger person 💙

Hi @darotu87  Your post was more than a year ago and I’m wondering how your life is now?

Hey @Glisten , I wanted to pop by because it was great to see you on tonight's Peer Group Chat about Building Trust. I didn't know where else to post it, so I thought I'd acknowledge it here.

Hope you are okay.

And yes, @darotu87 , it's good to check-in with you too! Hi!

Thank you @tyme  In Group sessions, I benefit more by listening and reading what other participants have to say. It was a wonderful group of Forumites online tonight Very informative and validating.

And... we LOVED having you 🙂 @Glisten Please join another time.

@tyme  Next week. 👍🏼 In my calendar 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance