Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

greenpea
Senior Contributor

Bipolar

Image result for bipolar tigger eeyore

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Bipolar

Hi @greenpea

That pic suggests a MIXED STATE Bi Polar to me, which I might well have.

I like those Winnie the Pooh characters tho did not read it til in my 30s to my own children.  I discovered many children's classics as a mum.

Hi @greenpea,

Like @Appleblossom, I like the Winnie The Pooh characters, too! I remember when I was a child I got a talking Pooh Bear plush toy for a present - I loved it! Heart

I have often heard the metaphor relating Eeyore to Depression, but it is interesting to relate Tigger and Eeyore to the ups and downs of Bipolar. Are there any other children's animated characters that you find relatable, @greenpea?

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Hi @Amour_Et_Psyché hmmmmm .... the Tasmanian Devil and Speedy Gonzales!!!!!!

@Appleblossom Hi Appleblossom I have never heard of Mixed State Bi Polar ... One thing it doesnt mention is the aggression that sometime arises .... so Tasmanian Devil should be included and the real need for Speed is Speedy Gonzales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c54SvkgQ04A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6m6sOD3iUM

Hi @Take_me_as_i_am ..... 👋

Have you met @greenpea and @Appleblossom ?

Love the Tigger and Eeyore analogy @greenpea.

@Queenie I hope you don’t mind me tagging you in here ..... I think you have a voice of experience that these folk could benefit from.

Thanks for tagging me @Faith-and-Hope, I find I can go for while a while with Tigger making the decisions before Eeyore takes over (as he inevitably does). I had heard that Winnie the Pooh characters could be summed up in all sorts of mental health conditions (Rabbit is supposedly OCD and Christopher Robin schizophrenia, but who knows? I certainly don't). I'm at the Eeyore stage at the moment, so I am struggling to find analogies for the bipolar elevation. 

Anybody miss their Tigger when Eeyore is around? @greenpea @Appleblossom

Thanks for responding from your Eeyore state @Queenie .....

@Take_me_as_i_am does having the Tigger and Eeyore analogy help with describing bipolar states without having to explain much further ?

Hi @greenpea @Appleblossom ..... 👋
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance