Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Any active support groups for BPD?

Hi @Hibiscus1 

Arafmi is a national NFP organisation for people caring for friends and family members with mental illness.

Our 19yr old daughter has BPD and I have registered for this group here:

https://arafmi.com.au/carer-family-support/carer-support-groups/

If you scroll down to the bottom you will find the carers of BPD. 
There are other face to face support groups and online groups they run across Australia - explore their website.

I have dug deep and searched high and low and unfortunately there isn’t a lot of support for carers of people with BPD but Arafmi are one of the biggest and more well known organisations who provide support soley for carers of people with mental health problems.

For carers of people with BPD it is EXTREMELY draining emotionally and mentally which can affect our own mental health and I’ve finally realised I can’t do this on my…..it can be very isolating and lonely.

Hope this helps xxx

Re: Any active support groups for BPD?

Would love stories of hope.. my girlfriend has pushed me do gard away this time I'm about to break, but that's the point right, she's wanting me to give up on her as aself sabotage. So do I keep waiting?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance