Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: 8 dimensions of wellness

@Sophie1 

So sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing. Self care is harder when we are managing pain. Especially when we can't do some of the things we normally do for self care. I love the things you are doing to care for yourself. I have started going for walks again. I might do some weeding this weekend. I love listening to the birds in my backyard. I'll start gently. I'm getting my head around not being able to go to the gym or play guitar. Hopefully it won't be forever. 
l have lowered my expectation of hubby being able to help.  He's not coping well. It's all very unpleasant at the moment without going into the details.    
My resilience will prevail though 🙏

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are things going @Scoo 

Happy new year @Former-Member 

Well me and hubby got through Christmas. It was a quiet one for many reasons. It's always been a difficult time of the year for him. I'm struggling with a shoulder injury. I'm in constant pain and have difficulty sleeping. Can't go to the gym. In doors most of the time resting because I now am fatigued from lack of sleep. Still managing full time work. Back to the Dr tomorrow to try a different medication that actually works on the pain so I can get some sleep. I'm doing a lot of CBT so I don't fall into depression. I can't do my normal self care at the moment other good nutrition and occasional light gardening. 
I hope 2021 has blessings in stall for you and others who read this ❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Scoo  😵😵😵 I do hope you can find something that brings relief.

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 

Was thinking about environmental wellness today and thought about you and wondered if you had given any thought to this when planning your new home.

With our renovation I have been thinking about having adequate storage and organisation, having things handy to where we use them. I have also been thinking about heating and cooling.  We have a component of reusing too - a heater that was in the lounge will be reinstalled in the bedroom, some bathroom fittings were bought cheaply second hand (ex-display).  I am also thinking of the view out the new bedroom window and how I might plant the garden area that this room will overlook.

@Former-Member 

Been lots of thinking  here of  the new house 

It is going to have lower ceilings, lots and lots of built-in  for storage 

Will feel strange having  big glass windows instead of the Queensland  castments 

We are having a patio at the front and the back 

But we have soo many different options  that we are not sure which way to go 

A garden ( easy care ) outside the bedroom  window will be lovely for you 

Another thing too @Former-Member 

I have lived in 5 different houses and 2 of the houses twice years apart 

I have shared my space with aunties and  uncles and  cousins , husband,  children and my mum 

And to even think of having a home of my own really does not compute with me 

@Scoo , @Sophie1 , @luckymeaunty , @Former-Member , @Emelia8 , @Anastasia , @Faith-and-Hope 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I am sure you have taken into consideration features that you have liked or disliked from the places you have lived in or visited @Shaz51 . For example I wouldn't have a look in the middle of a house, not against an outside wall.  When we had previous plans done, the draftsman we saw was able to tweak things and offer suggestions where I wasn't happy with the plans I had done.  I have never worried about resale, feeling it is our home and we are the only ones we need to please.  If we ever decide to sell any new owner can adjust as they see fit for their own needs.

I recently found out about these faux skylights and have a little savings goal to get these installed in our loo and dining area, both of which need electric light during the day. They come in round, square and oblong.

How-illume-works.png

illume-skylight-alternative-280mm-round-roof-solar-white-premium-kis1013tla.jpg

Yes @Former-Member 

I find it funny  and interesting  with cleaning other people's  house , because I see things that would be good and some things that are not so good to have in the house 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Well worth mentioning any ideas to your draftsman @Shaz51 , it is surprising how they can adjust plans to incorporate features without adding expense to building (sometimes even reducing costs).

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance