Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: 8 Dimensions of Wellness

hello @AussieRecharger@Historylover@Flying_Hams@frog@StuF , yes if everything that is going on at the moment , sending hugs 

For me , we are a mum`s house  and it is her house soo it makes it a bit hard but any little bit helps 

don't collect things because they might come in handy someday. Don't hoard 'stuff,' but aways be well-stocked in necessities so that there is no need to ever run out of things. Be organized. Keep like things together. Make your personal space say who you are rather than just be where you live. Save for a special project, holiday etc.--- very good points @Historylover Heart

@Shaz51 Keeping windows clean(ish) makes for a better viewing point too!

@Shaz51 @Historylover @StuF @frog @Flying_Hams 

Great discussion so far- enjoyed reading your posts

Environmental health- promotes human health and well-being, and fosters healthy and safe communities. An example of this is -Being respectful, inclusive, kind and supportive to others.

Environmental wellness is having good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being. It promotes interaction with nature and also creating an enjoyable personal environment.

very true my sister @oceangirl  and to turn our home environment into a nice peaceful , stable place where we like to be is very important and to have our furbabies with us xoxo

@oceangirl@Historylover@StuF@frog@Flying_Hams

Decluttering and home maintenanceSPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help  @Former-Member , @Smc@Tinker67 

Well before we go on to our next one , 

Any thoughts @wellwellwellnez , @TideisTurning , @Daisydreamer , @Fizz , everyone 😀

I skipped a bit. What are we up to. Looks like financial. Interesting that the sequence goes physical>occupational>financial. Has a sort of linear sense to it. I'm feeling a bit of a Maslow's hierarchy moving in a circle. Maybe it should move in a circle rather than be set in a pyramid.

You know what this is making me think about. General Eisenhower and the Eisenhower urgent vs important matrix. To paraphrase, important things aren't very urgent and urgent things aren't very important. Whether you're talking about the financial or other foms of wealth I think that's an important reminder in our often urgent world. Just a little bit weird taking zen wisdom from a general but it works.

Oops. I thought we were doing one per day. Sorry for rushing.

Has anyone else seen this and whats your thoughts when you think about environmental?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB5IX-np5fE

Wow. I love a good TED talk and this one's going really well. Guy reminds me of James Cordon, who I also like. Kind of confronting, as an avoidant personality person but in a good way because, lone-wolf as I can be, I still revel in tribal learning and wouldn't be the outsider I am without it.

Good Morning 

@StuF@Historylover@oceangirl@AussieRecharger@wellwellwellnez@Flying_Hams@Snowie@Faith-and-Hope@bipolarbunny@BPDSurvivor@ShiningStar@outlander@frog@NatureLover@jem80@Zoe7@Daisydreamer@TideisTurning , @Former-Member , @Fizz@HenryX@Anastasia@Emelia8@Judi9877@BlueBay@Clawde@Schitzo@saltandpepper@Appleblossom@Scoo@Determined@Smc@Sophia1@Sophie1@Owlunar@Peri@Adge@Tinker67@Gwynn , @Former-Member , @Swansong@Dimity@Olga@TAB@Meowmy@greenpea@Flax@outlander@Sans911@Mazarita@eth@Krishna 

Going to our second Dimension of the 8 Dimensions of Wellness is Physical Wellness 

in lockdown and in any situation in our lives  we can help our environmental and Physical Wellness 

I must say I am only learning here too 

What is physical wellness?
Before improving your physical wellness, it’s important to understand exactly what it is. Physical wellness has to do with keeping your body in optimal condition and health. It can be achieved through a well-balanced diet, various forms of exercise, practicing self-control, and much more.

Why is physical wellness important?
Physical wellness is important for many reasons. First off, it allows you to maintain your body over time.

By eating a well balanced diet and performing routine exercise, you can significantly improve your overall health and physical wellness.
Another reason physical wellness is important is it keeps your organs in check. Your body is incredible but needs to be maintained over time.

Keeping both your internal and external organs in peak condition is critical for a long, healthy life!
Lastly, physical wellness is important to maintain your energy levels.

Just like your cell phone needs a charged battery to work, your body needs adequate energy levels to optimize it’s performance! Taking care of your body and getting adequate sleep are two great ways to recharge.

In the end, it’s very important to take care of your body over time. You only have one and, in most cases, it can be well preserved by making healthy lifestyle choices. Doing so will help you age gracefully and maximize your physical wellness.

Do you have ideas or recommendations on ways to improve physical wellness? Leave them in the comments below.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance