Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Awesomeguy
Casual Contributor

Something to do to keep active?

At the moment have nothing to do however I will like to do something like go out that is low stress. Any ideas that people have?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Something to do to keep active?

hello @Awesomeguy and welcome to the forum

how about walking ??

Welcome to the forum @Awesomeguy.

I could suggest loads and loads of things, but the helpfulness of those suggestions would depend on what is low stress for you. It will also depend on what is available in your area. 

I used to go to museums, art galleries, home and garden displays, stuff like that, but that's too stressful for me now 'cos it's just too peoply out there. Walking with a purpose sort of thing. 

If it's not just the exercisey part of 'being active' you're looking for, the library might offer something. Some libraries have social group stuff going on, or educational sessions from time to time. I did a minor sort of geneology session with the local library some time ago. 

A free course at the local TAFE perhaps, or a paid one if finances run to that. 

Might I suggest you check your local council online register for local group meetups and any other online organisations that might interest you. With such a focus on healthy activity, many councils run exercise groups.

There's bound to be some service groups, like Lions International, Rotary and such if that's your thing too. 

Maybe there's something in there that might give you some ideas of your own to follow up on. 

Hi @Awesomeguy

Definitely depends so much on what causes you stress too, we're all so different in what we would think of as 'low stress'. My low stress stuff changes too depending on how heightened i am and anxious. Sometimes i can enjoy being outside, at other times i can feel panicky and on edge outside looking all around for dangerous people... So sometimes going for a walk can feel ok with my kids and dog, other times its just unbearable...

I do like to go to coffee shops and have a coffee and read the news if i get a minute on my own. I used to like reading and lately i've started reading old, easy fiction books that i've read before and enjoyed. 

Hope you find something to help you!

I had a look at my local community and they Tai Chi going on. I will go to that I guess should be fun.

I used to really enjoy going to Tai Chi, hope you enjoy it too. Smiley Very Happy @Awesomeguy

I like going to coffee shops and having a coffee a coffee helps me relax and be happy. 😄
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance