Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Queenie
Community Elder

My exercise thread - let's inspire one another!

Well today is the second day that I did 50 laps of various strokes of our local council pool. I still feel really unfit as I feel exhausted now, but at the same time amazing. It's like having a new lease on life! I am going again on Friday and have invested in a few things to get me going (training fins and new goggles). I really need a swimming cap too as my hair gets everywhere (it short hair with a long fringe). I am also eating healthier and have an appointment with the dietician coming up soon to fine tune my healthy eating plan (I know she is going to mention eating seafood but I am allergic to it so it's a no go). Looking forward to being a healthier Queen. 

What exercise programs have others done/enjoyed/hated? 

69 REPLIES 69

Re: My exercise thread - let's inspire one another!

I enjoy jogging but I'm terrible at it.
I try to walk at least an hour a day. I haven't been able to for a fee months and have really noticed the difference.

Before I moved to the city, I used to walk everywhere (because I don't drive). I was a lot skinnier and healthier then. I loved walking along the beachfront of my old home town. I really miss it actually because now I am miles away from the beach.

way to go @Queenie HeartHeart

my dietician wants me to exercise more xx

Way to go @Queenie
50 laps is alot!

2.5km which doesn't sound a lot but it certainly hurts @outlander! We do this 3-4 times a week. Then we'll work up to 100 laps which is 5km 5 times a week.

Perhaps we can all inspire each other to get out there and get some exercise @Shaz51? I want to join the gym at the local pool but unsure if I can really afford it.

Geez @Queenie at this rate your going to be super fit and look like wonder woman soon enough!

very well done to you

I find walking fast helps me a lot @Queenie. Trouble is dog is very old. She'll be 18 in September so our long walks have got shorter and slower. Great news about the laps. Every bit helps. Go you Queenie! Hugzzz 💕

your dog is 18 @Kurra, mine lasted until he was 20 and i used to brush his teeth -- after i finished , it looked like he had a smile on his face xxo

Hello @Queenie, @outlander. @redheaded 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance