Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Just checking in.

Thanks @Teej 💗 It's been a better afternoon. It's good to hear you've had a peaceful day and I hope your night is the same.

(Sorry for cryptic. It's hurting me that I can't talk like I would like to about this one)

All good @CheerBear. I totally get it. I don’t need to know. It’s good that you can vent regardless. And it’s goid that you did. I don’t know why but it took me a long time to respond and I’m sorry about that. I’ve had a strange day and didn’t manage to get into my therapist but we talked on the phone instead. I think I was just paralysed and exhausted. 

My turn to vent tomorrow. I have phone appointment with the psychologist where I find out what happens next. It was nice to have a surprisingly calm day today though. 

Heres hoping that that tomorrow gets easier for you again. 💜🤗

I get the exhausted feelings @Teej. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow hoping very much that whatever the next happenings are they'll be helpful for you.

I remember a couple of weeks ago you were wondering how to get here and here you are (understanding that it hasn't been at all easy). With you with lots of others here too, whatever happens.

Calm is good 👍

💜💐 @Teej @CheerBear ..... thinking of both of you ....

Back at ya @Faith-and-Hope 💜🤗😘

🤗💜💕 @Teej .....

@CheerBear

Im guessing there’s a bear around without much cheer. I could be wrong and there could be a very busy bear too. Just wanted to let that bear know I’m thinking of her and sending some cheer

15BFF5F1-A84C-4217-AD1F-E5DBC64BB2E4.jpegD22F5A92-3BA8-41DF-B0C6-0D8F0DC5B769.jpeg

here if you want to vent but be warned that I am a bit chaotic and may try to engage fixit brain :face_with_rolling_eyes:. 

Just incase there isn’t a notification @CheerBear. I used preloaded images to hopefully avoid that glitch. 

💜🤗 (my goosey cheer hug face)

Hey Teej.

I've had a few days that have left me thinking I'd be better suited to the name not-so-cheerbear 😏. 'Lots' and 'stuff' sums it up I think.

I had an unexpected, big feels one when a chance to speak with a person in blue who has some influence came up. Full of tears and very shakily, I talked about a fairly recent and incredibly unhelpful experience I had attempting to find support from the police. The response was a very genuine sounding and feeling apology and then an offer of support and some contact details that I wouldn't have had otherwise, for if I need them. I can't do it now but what I gained from it is a tiny shred of hope that maybe I will be able to try again if/when I need to, which I thought I had totally lost following the unhelpful experience.

I was also told that what I shared will be taken back to the unhelpful place to be used as an example of how support can be better provided. It made me feel like maybe I could have made a tiny difference in a way too.

It's great but it stirred stuff up, like things often do. I'm extra tired and holding in lots of tears now and I've wanted to go to bed since but I can't yet. I probably should have taken up that offer, so in wanders self-directed anger at all the "I can'ts" too 😔

I feel bad that I dump this stuff here when you check in. There's so much of me that will now ponder whether I should send a smiley "I'm fine" or "just busy", or not reply, or do a like and run. Please know I don't expect or need a reply and that having a venting space/venting time is helpful (I'm sorry for the novels). I really appreciate your thoughts and gentle encouragement.

I think tomorrow is a big day for you. I will be thinking of you, so much hoping that it all goes OK ❤

And because I am cheerbear somewhere inside, and your sending cheer was very felt (thank you), here's some for you.

272315.jpg

It's one of the many fruit trees here and the very start of pretty spring cheer. Not long now and all the leafless trees will be covered 🌸🌼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance