Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Teej
Community Elder

I just want to share a new app I found

Hi anyone who is reading this. I’ve been thinking about journaling lately but I always get caught up with it, it often is all my negative thoughts that are written and it actually keeps those things going around in my head. 

This week has seen me have a few awakenings. I’ve thought about the 365 project  and there is a great thread on that here. I’ve thought about gratitude (there are some threads on this if you type gratitude in the search bar there is quite a few). 

@greenpea started a thread on what music or poetry uplifts you which is called ‘what song or piece of poetry gets you up in the morning and why it makes you never give up’ and can be found here

the crunch came for me this week when we celebrated an important family function and I realised the next day not one person took a photo of any of it. It made me feel so sad. 

Long story epic 😜 I just found this app that kind of incorporates all of the above. I only want to focus on positive things for now and this is a way of doing it. The app is customisable which is awesome. It’s called grid diary. Basically you can create your own titles and it prompts you to answer them. You could use it from anything from a mood tracker to a full journal. I’ve decided to use is as a way of recording positives but also as a prompt to make sure I look for them to record and as a bit of a mood/ health tracker. It’s also a way to try to keep me more present during the day. 

This is what I came up with but you can choose anything. I’m hoping it will be a journal of neutral and positive moments and make sure I record the important ones. For me it’s important because I can’t visualise and so seeing images is the only way to connect to a memory. 

5E3912BA-6665-4ED1-B24B-A82995F48E30.png

The last two boxes that didn’t fit in the screen shot were a song I listened to today and something I remember smelling today. 

You can then put it in read mode and it looks like a diary/journal. The thing I liked is it only shows what you entered for the day so there are not lots of unanswered gaps. And you can add photos but not much else. I know there are better apps out there for this but I loved the simplicity. 

3BA8B792-68BC-4D87-A2AA-55581CE60860.png

1E20782C-F90C-4A36-8452-B55957ED74CA.jpeg

Anyway would love to see others share apps that have been helpful and why.  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: I just want to share a new app I found

Hi @Teej 🙂

Thank you for sharing that with us here. I always enjoy hearing about peoples recovery and what helpful tools they find work for them along the way. This one seems to be really verstitile. Journalling and paying attention to grattitude can be very helpful tools.

I've found the ACT Compannion to be very helpful, for anyone engaging in ACT work.

Hope you have a nice weekend 🙂

@Teej I just wanted to drop by and say what a terrific idea!  Thank you for sharing.

Not having a mobile device or being much of an app user, I tend toward a note book, or computer document, but get slack at keeping it up at times. 

Like you, I've made a commitement to shift my focus to more upbeat and uplifting things for myself. I wrote about it only moments ago myself. Must be something in the air! 

I like how your app can be customised to fit one's own situation. Well done you! Heart 

Appears to be a great application,

I'll have to look into it 🙂

hope you had a good day.

Thank you and thanks for sharing an app @Pebbles. I have the ACT app somewhere. I downloaded it a few years ago but wasn't in the headspace to use it. I may have to dig it up. 💜🤗

it must be the day for it @Former-Member ðŸ˜Š. I was just thinking you could adopt this very easily to paper and pen too. Everyday you could draw a simple grid and write the title in of what's important for you. For me this couldn't be another goal driven thing. What can I do for my future self is looking at the really simple things without pressure or making them goals. I'm sure I'll go through phases of using different headings. The good thing is you can create templates for headings so I guess you could create templates for different moods or stages of wellness. 

I would love to have a hand written one of these but my handwriting is terrible and I'm such a silly perfectionist it would create a world of pain for me. So I adapt using technology. I love calligraphy but am not good at doing it so I find different fonts on the computer to express that part of me often. I can download new and interesting ones. I guess this is my art but it's all visual and not hand created but I would love more than anything to create something not using technology.....maybe one day. Thank you for your kind words and support. 💜🤗

Thanks @Former-Member i hope you find it useful 😊

I hope you've had a good day too.

pS @Pebbles I hope you have a lovely weekend too. 😊

Hi @Teej, just wanted to say thanks for this info. That app sounds really good

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance