Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

I sorry to hear you have diabetes @Shaz51 there should much that can be done for such conditions. I'm only to happy to talk with you about what I know about the condition and what can be done to manage it. Do you have a home blood sugar test kit? All for now Eude.

Yes @eudemonism I do have a blood sugar test kit at home and I like to hear any information that you have Heart

OK @Shaz51 I'm lucky to not have diabetes. I know a little about the condition but not much. My dad has diabetes so I've kept my finger on the pulse and kept a close eye on anything I found out about the condition. Plus, I'm in a high risk category for contracting the condition myself.

I believe in leafy greens which are grown in the garden. I believe they have wonderful health benefits. A handful of parsley from time to time for example. It grows for a fair portion of the year and self seeds. I believe we need a certain amount of carbs to keep us going (the correct carbs though) bread, pasta and potatoes. Plus I've heard that molasses is good for diabetes.

I think it's a condition. Not a life sentence. And if managed correctly. One can live a completely normal life with no interference whatsoever. However I am aware that in some cases it can be a life threatening condition - where medication is needed! As is the case with my mental illness. Eude.

Hello @Teej @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @eudemonism

Pleased to meet you @Rightomate

It's late in the day and I'm really flagging, but it's not too late to get some stuff sorted.

Sometimes I walk around my place saying 'come on frog, keep going, you can do it!'

It would be nice if someone else would cheer me on, but my daughter's moved out again, and my son is perpetually plugged in. Left overs for dinner, so no stress there. Here's my list:

• wipe table
  • iron 1 item
  • washing away
  • sweep floor

All the best for a good evening everyone travelling through.

Thank you @eudemonism 

Hello @frog and hugs Heart

Going to do a load of washing 

Wash the dishes

Cook dinner 

And go to bed 

Me too @Shaz51 That's almost exactly what I did.

That's all I could manage, after work, & after yoga class.

Adge

Sometimes its the daily grind and sometimes its not.

Hello @eudemonism @Shaz51 @Adge and all ...

@frog

My commiserations re "the plugged in" generation.

Smiley Happy

Tried my keto pancake experiment today. It was very time consuming, but I have to figure out how to use the a whole lot of stuff, that I discovered.

Smidgin sweeping and music ....

Heart

Hello & good morning x
@Appleblossom
@Shaz51
@Adge
@frog
@SunShower
@greenpea
@Friendconnect
@TAB
@soul
@utopia
@whom ever else...
@pass a mention on day...
@Mazarita
@Faith-and-Hope
@Teej
@Pepperpot
@Former-Member
@SleepyPanda
@Silenus
@whom ever I missed...

I hope you all have a great day. I hope you make lots of progress. I hope you all focus on the solution and not the problem.

I'm going to see Mum today. For a cuppa a tea and a chat. Looking forward to it actually.

I've got a too do list / wish list as long as my arm. Alot of it comes down to finances.

Share the love freely. Not much else is on the cards for today. I'll take it as it comes. Should be good.

Eude.

Heeeey @eudemonism .... 👋💕 or 🤜🤛  If you prefer (like @TheVorticon)

I am motivating myself to go walk in a pool near here .....

Thank you Eude,Heart I am so proud of you, you make me smile!  🙂

What you wrote is my motivation, for this day, & every day! @eudemonismHeart

Love & Hugs!

GBU!

Bella & Fur Babies! XO    🙂

Edited: spelling 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance