cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Re: Our communities feel forgotten; and we're furious

Hey @Daisydreamer

I hope you had a lovely break!

For me, it was a struggle, mainly because I once again couldn’t be with my community and family due to COVID and borders. So that was really challenging, just have to take a deep breath and keep on plodding along and know this too shall pass.

I cannot relate to this anymore! Anytime I try to talk out my anger and frustration I cop the condescending "at least you're alive" yes thank you very much for pointing out the obvious :face_with_rolling_eyes: or the "we've all been through a tough year" grrr 😡 this has been ridiculously hard and no one cares anymore they've all moved on and if anyone tried to point out our situations it's like we are intruding in their happy bubble and we are just shut down, it's not a nice feeling at all 😞 

@JLD I. An relate to your post. We had many say to us well you only lost things. Sometimes we would tell people our struggles and they would ignore us or say oh dear then change the conversation. I would like to hear more from you.

@Klutz yes it's so frustrating, some of those "things" are sentimental, some of those "things" are all you had in the world. Some of those "things" were my PETS! Animals I LOVED. Try to explain to children that none of it mattered 😕 it did matter, it mattered to us and it's allowed to matter to us. 

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: