Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Re: New here? Find out how to start connecting

@Daisydreamer 

How lovely to always live near national park! 

@IamNOTalone Sounds like you enjoy fishing! 

Re: New here? Find out how to start connecting

@IamNOTalone

Thank you for sharing! And I just wanted to say how darn brave and strong it is for you to even admit there might be an issue. Recovery is not linear. There will be ups and downs, but it is very, very possible. I think a lot of people have used substances this year to help them get through the tough times. You've got this.

Re: Welcome to Life After Bushfires - Online Community

Hello everyone

3 random facts

I was once and extra at the opera house in a opera while I was doing my year 12 HSC.

I won tickets to the 2000 Olympic games because I one a compettion saying what I want for the year 2000

I once had a poem published in an anthology tiltes Angry Women 

The best thing I did after my house and shop were destroyed as to volunteer and help others. I helped in an op shop and also help online. 

Hi @Klutz,

Wow the Opera and going to the Olympic Games are such awesome memories you will have for a lifetime 🙂

Volunteering and helping others is so powerful and such a good way to help make some meaning out of something that is life altering 💙

Hey @Klutz

Just wanted to say welcome. That’s super cool about the opera and your poem!

I’m sorry to hear about your home and shop, but glad helping others has at least helped you feel better! I know what you mean. After the fires, I threw myself into fundraising for many people. It helped me feel better, both as a way to get out of my head and a way to genuinely help others who needed it!

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: