cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life After Bushfires

Burnt
Bushfire Community Ambassador

Caravan living

I want to talk about caravan living. (Post bushfires that is...) did you, or are you still living in any type of caravan/van/tent/shopping container type home? 

How has your experience been? 

We did- we are now out and renting a home. 

But our time in the van was hard, yet I miss it. 

I feel anyone who ended up living in a caravan had a a unique recovery. I found, because it was so hard to deal with every day life, we “missed” out on a lot of recovery events/grants/opportunities/donations. 

Most caravaners where the same- no where to store and no energy to do anything that requires mentally rebuilding. 

Im glad that faze it over of my life, but feel even more depressed in where I am now nearly a year on. We made the caravan our home, and we just can’t make this our home with the donations we have. It’s just hard. 

Any one still in carvans?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Caravan living

@Burnt  That must have been a tough transition. While living in a caravan is far from ideal it sounds like you settled in and made it a home, and now you're having to do that all over again. 

Do you have any little items that you take from house to house that make it feel homely for you? I've done that before. Like a candle or a photo frame, just small things that make new places feel more familiar. 

Burnt

It’s been a very tough transition. Not really, sadly. I just haven’t had time (I know...) to go and print photos ect. Life has been so chaotic. It’s hard to feel homely with all new things 

I am living in a caravan too. 

Burnt

Hi @IamNOTalone  I hope your caravan is nice and comfy. What’s something you’re greatfull for in your caravan camp set up?

@Burnt  that’s a great question.. my favourite thing about the caravan is its a warm place to sleep. I’m greatful for something cosy like my caravan, i would prefer it over a rental. 

New to the

Life After Bushfires Forum?

Chat to people

who have been through it

Register To Connect

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance

Life After Bushfire Resources: