Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

ivana
Senior Contributor

Unable to type words such as "bloood" or "gaap"...

Can your please find another way to moderate posts containing suiciide intentions rather then the "blank" disallowance or certain words.&lt;br&gt;Eg:I wrote a sentence suggesting someone to get some bloood tests done and then in attempting to press post was "notified" than the word "bloood" is not allowed.&lt;br&gt;Same thing happened today with the word "gaap".&lt;br&gt;This can be inconvenient to posters to have to keep modifying their posts due to certain words being a "taboo" even when used in a totally different context.&lt;br&gt;<br><br>I even had to add extra letter in this post for those words so it would let me type this message.
1 REPLY 1

Re: Unable to type words such as "bloood" or "gaap"...

Hi Ivana,

It can be feel pretty restricting and censored with the filters that currently exist. This is by no means our intention, the automatic filters are intended to keep other members safe from potentially trigger words and phrases. That said, this is not a black and white issue because context plays a major role as in the case that you describe - the words 'blood' transfusion, which should be ok, gets blocked. Also, as you have indicated, the filters can be avoided by adding in an additional letter. 

We are constantly looking for ways to improve on forums for our members, so I will take this as something to review. 

Thanks for you feedback. 

CB

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance