Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Re: Tell us: when you first came to SANE Forums...

I joined about 5 years ago now.
The sign up process was easy, however I didn’t know about the avatar thing and used my real name.
Landed on forums homepage.
Bit hesitant in making my first post, but one or two people responded quite quickly. The real problem is breaking into the social spheres.

I found Sane Australia website during a search during 2014.I clicked on the first link.Went straight to the main page.I found the forums at the top of the page.It was so easy to get there.I read some of the posts then decided I would like to join.That process is very simple.As I had problems of my own I began looking around to see where I should post.Very easy layout made it easy to do that.What a relief.Sometimes when we arent feeling real great its nice to know there are simple things in life to help us.Sane Australia delivers.The simplicity of the website offers so much.My blessings to those who know how to make it happen.

In the time I've been here I have post a variety of topics,some in my time of need and other times to help others.I found so many wonderful people who who can relate to my problems and I can relate to theirs.

I'm glad we all have the opportunity to help Sane Australia improve the forums.I cant think of anything to suggest just yet.I have to think that over.

Thank you to Sane Australia staff for providing us with a place to come to in our time of need.My blessings to my heros out there who are doing it tough.You people are brave.

Regards Denv12.

I joined Sane Forums in October 2018.  Depending on how my computer is running depends on my availability to be online.  Still on windows XP (yes I know I need an update but also need money for that.....which will happen when I win Tatts lol.

I found out about the website from a TV advert.  After seeing the ad a few times I decided to check it out.  I found it to be very easy to use and had people replying to my introduction basically straight away.  Everyone I have interacted with have been very caring and supportive.

None of my family or friends understand what it is like for me dealing with all my 'problems'.  But here I feel I can say whatever is going on and no one judges me.  I just get support and understanding.  And most importantly I don't feel like I am the only one going through all this.  Now I know that I am not alone when things 'go south'.  It is extremely comforting to know that there are other people out there dealing with the stuggles of life.

Support and understanding is a huge thing and here you get both those.

Blessings to everyone out there.  Take care and keep smiling.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much everyone who has posteed so far, for sharing your insight and feedback - this is so so meaningingful! We are going through and reviewing so we can look at where we can improve things based on your feedback! 😊

This was a while ago and I dont remember that well I do remember my life being very chaotic. of what i remember it was ok to sign up but once i was signed up it was a bit hard to navigate and i didnt know how everything worked or where too look. people were nice but it was also frustrating at times when you didnt know how the guidelines worked. the guidlines still arent super clear to me but after a lot of bumping into road blocks i think it have figured them out but that was not a fun process and while i understand they have to be general it is super hard to know when a post is going to get pulled up or not and the rules seem to be applied inconsistently and that nearly made me stop coming on here for while because it was so frustrating and upsetting for me. i also think there needs to be more places for people to get to know new members like a 5 things about me thread or something idk but it can be strange trying to navigate around when you are new and have no idea how people resond to you. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance