Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Still very confused about the guidelines

Hi so I know myself and others have raised the issue of the guidelines and what is ok and not ok to post a number of times now and honestly I am still very confused. I have seen a number of quite frankly very triggering posts lately and one of which I reported because I really didn’t think it was ok but nothing happened and the post is still up and I really have even less of and idea what is allowed now. What are you meant to do if you are finding many posts triggering and which you would interpret to be against the guidelines? Ignoring is not always an option especially if you don’t know what you are about to read. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Still very confused about the guidelines

Hi @Eden1919 . Sorry that you've been feeling confused. We have the guidelines in order to keep people as safe as possible on here, but each of us moderators is going to have our own interpretation. I don't know if you've read the most recent version of the guidelines, but if not, you can do so here. I'm not sure what process you used to report the post you were concerned about and I'm sorry that that got missed. If you still have questions, please feel free to email team@saneforums.org for further clarification.

@PurplePanda2  I reported it by clicking on the ‘post options’ and clicking report.... I am just very confused because it seems like there is one rule for some people and another for others. Anyway it doesn’t seem like this will ever truly resolve I should have just left it. 

I think there should be trigger warnings in the title of threads. Especially TW suicidal ideation.

@BryanaCamp  Yes I agree trigger warnings for suicide, self harm and eating issues and trauma related things as well. 

Yes @Eden1919  I agree that trigger warnings should give us the liberty to say what extreme pains pain us & to warn other vulnerable folk to avoid such expressions. Thank you for your TW's.

It's gotta be said here, or where-else can it be said? Nowhere. We're just sanctioned into suicidal ideation because we can't candidly express ourselves with our vast feelings before suicidal ideation comes.

Thank you for your input @Eden1919 , I hope the Mods take notice. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

Further information:

For urgent assistance