Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum News and Updates

Jake
Senior Contributor

'Spellcheck'

Hi 'Admin',

No big deal, but whenever I use single quotation marks, (e.g. as in 'Admin' above) the Spellcheck 'ABC' throws a wobbly on every word that is enclosed in them.

Is this part of the program's function, or another 'bug' please? (it won't like 'bug') Lol!

Regards, Jake

p.s. yep - chucked a wobbly on all 'x' words and want a laugh? - chucked a wobbly on itself - whenever you hover the cursor over 'ABC' it says 'Spellcheck' (should be Spell check)

Apparently Spellcheck does not like itself!Smiley Surprised

8 REPLIES 8

Re: 'Spellcheck'

Hi Jake,

Thanks for flagging that with us. I just had a bit of fiddle with spell check using single quotations marks and can see what you mean, it's certainly having a bit of wobbly - probably not the best system to play Scrabble with! 

I'll check it out with I.T.

Thanks,

CherryBomb

You mean there's a spell-check on the forum? Mine seems to be turned off/invisible. I'm a bit obsessive about spelling and so forth (occasionally do work in proof-reading and editing) so I always read my stuff at least once before positng. A spell-check might be handy though, especially when I'm tired or upset.

Have just found the spell-check button - I've been so into responding to the forum that I didn't take it in at all, and now realise it's been sitting in front of me all this time! 🙂

Hi Kristin,

The spell check option is located in the top right hand corner of the tool bar. It's say 'ABC' and has a tick on it. 

It's not the easiet thing to find, I only found it myself a few days ago too. I hope it makes posting a little bit more pleasant.

CB

Hi Admin,

This is more annoying than anything else, Spell check underlines the 'first and last' words enclosed in single quotation marks, even if they are not misspelled!

Regards, Jake

Hi Jake,

How are you tonight?

Yes, the red underline underneath correctly spelt words is annoyingly unsightly. Hopefully, it'll get resolved soon, it's been flagged with I.T.

CB

Hi CB,

Good, thanks for asking, I hope you are doing ok (you are so polite).

Thanks for flagging this with I.T., they must have a rather large 'to do' list by now (Lol!)

Regards, Jake

Hi Jake,

Yep, we are definitely keep I.T. very busy! Smiley Very Happy

CB

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance